I've made the dimensions of the matrix [B] (1,2)
I want those 2 things to hold the score for my basketball game ((1,1) is player 1's score and (1,2) is player 2's score)

but this:
[B](1,1)+2->[B](1,2)
doesn't work.

I don't know how to use Matrices correctly or if this is even possible. Should I use a String instead? If you know how, please show me
Hi Ididagood, welcome to Cemetech. I am not sure what you are trying to do here. Since you only have 2 numbers, I would recommend using a list. Lists are a lot simpler and easier to use than a matrix. A list, like the name inplies is a list of numbers. To access a number in that list, us the name of the list, followed by a parenthesis and then the location of the number in the list. To access the first number, simply press 2nd+[L₁]+(+1+), which looks like L₁(1). To set both scores to zero, use {0,0}->L₁. To add 2 points to the first player's score, use L₁(1)+2->L₁(1). To add 2 to the second player's score, use L₁(2)+2->L₁(2), since you are accessing the second number in the list. Just remember that -> is the store character →, found on the [sto→] key. Hope this helps, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
So the format is
[Listname] ( [position] ) + [#] → [Listname] ( [position] )
?
Oh no. I'm sorry to say, but my code wasn't working because I used a variable for the position of the value, and that variable was set to 0 instead of 1.
I just tested a simplified version of my matrix code again on a new program, and it works. I'm still going to use a list but I kind of feel bad that it wasn't working for the reason I thought of.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours