I recently got into modding for 1.12.2, and followed a tutorial on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDhiRTZ_vnoX4bx_BJccGV7MjpXUfVJSn). Anyone have tips, tricks, etc? I will definitely have questions that I post now and then...

At the time of writing, I got up to #12, and I want to add more, but can't seem to find any thorough tutorials that explain everything clearly in a way that I can reproduce later on.
I also want to make things with IC2 (IndustrialCraft2) integration, but I don't know how to declare IC2 as a dependency. It says to modify the build.gradle file, but I don't know where to put the additions...
Anyone here mod? If so, with what? I just need to know if anyone here has modded for IC2...
The reason is because the API documentation is either crap, or I can't find it.

There are also no other examples of using any functions in the API, so I'm literally left with finding things for myself, or decompiling other mods to see how they do things...
I've also found some MC functions that still have their obfuscated name, and the new forge replaces them with their deobfuscated name. Anyone know where I could find the deobfuscated equivalent?
I mostly mod MCP base edits and bukkit plugins, though I also use the yarn mappings for the 1.14 snapshots. I've never messed with IC2 because I like to stay close to the vanilla game.

MCP allows you to deobsfucate a Minecraft jar, you might want to look into that. For debugging, there should be mappings available in the download somewhere.
How would I make a chest- like block? Do I need to make a BlockCustomChest class in my blocks package? What to extend? what to implement? If anyone knows of a good tutorial that covers that, it would be helpful

I want to add a filing cabinet, and if that works, a coaxium-powered fusion thingy (or a furnace...)
anyone? Or is there just no good tutorial online?
I would look at the source code for other mods. I don't have much experience with Forge, but from the one time I tried I can tell you that there is very little documentation anywhere.
So I tried to add in my filing cabinet, but I keep getting this error, which doesn't crash, but doesn't load the model either...

Error report from eclipse console:
https://pastebin.com/y69aYcAV

I have JSONS in blockstates and models/block, I copied & modified them from the furnace because it should be orientable...

Filing Cabinet class:
https://pastebin.com/Fm3r8nLV

what's wrong? I have all the JSONS in the right place...
I mod for pocket edition and java using javascript so I have a Understanding of how the minecraft code itself works for both platforms and how modding software interacts with minecraft. But I have no knowledge of java. however if anyone wants/ needs help for blocklauncher im pretty much your girl. I know everything from making blocks, items, food, recipes to commands and entity models and even GUI menus and stuff plus I also know how to work with files. one of the things I did was make a GUI that let you select a image to import then my script would then let you burn that image into grass by changing the block color to a hex value. The GUI let you select the size and had a button to start the burning. another thing I did was made a GUI for selecting items and the script would add that item to your inventory like you were in creative and this would work in servers however not all of them Sad
I remember when I tried modding in minecraft.. So many errors......

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours