Polytopia is a mobile turn-based strategy game similar to Civilization but more focused on the fighting aspects. If you haven't played it before, it's free, so check it out:
Android
IOS
Steam (soon to be released)

I plan to make this game in ICE in the future. While I won't focus on it right now because I need to finish my other projects, the idea came to me so I decided to start this thread. Remind me about this in 4-6 months.

The game will have all the features of Polytopia (pass and play mode), but the graphics will be simple representations of the actual vector graphics (the game will be in top-down 2D).

I don't know if I will add a single-player mode against AI, but I will think about it.
Looks like an interesting game - will you be going for the isometric look?

Also if you don't include single-player mode against AI, how will people play it on their own?

I also think that coding this project in C might be more suitable due to it's potential scale? But either way it would be great to see what you can brainstorm over the next few months.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Looks like an interesting game - will you be going for the isometric look?

dankcalculatorbro wrote:
The game will have all the features of Polytopia (pass and play mode), but the graphics will be simple representations of the actual vector graphics (the game will be in top-down 2D).

tr1p1ea wrote:
Also if you don't include single-player mode against AI, how will people play it on their own?

dankcalculatorbro wrote:
... (pass and play mode)
maybe like the Connect 4 2 player ones?

hope that helps... Razz
Awesome - polytopia is good fun. Would be nice to see it on a calculator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours