Hi!

Im writing a program in TI Basic that needs to store a list of values in a list. I do however get the error "bad token" everytime i try to send the program from my computer to my calc(TI84+).

It seams to be the "small big L" thats the problem, but i have tried to copy paste a few different i found on line without any success. Can anyone tell what im doing wrong?

Code:

:SetUpEditor ∟LIST
:5→dim(∟LIST)
Are you writing this program in SourceCoder 3 or using TI Connect's editor? Have you narrowed down if only one or both of the lines is the problem?
Im using the Ti Connects editor, i havent tried the other one. Could there be a difference?

I'd assume that for some reason their editor doesn't understand the small L. Try using SourceCoder 3:
http://sc.cemetech.net

Paste the code, export a .8xp, and then drop that .8xp in TI-Connect's Calculator Explorer. I don't remember, but you might need to change the → to ->.
Here are the 6 default lists in the editor. You should add nothing to these tokens.

If you want to use lists with a custom name, you need to put this token in front of that name:

Note: If you want to define a custom list, you have to do it like this:

Code:
5→dim(ʟCUSTOM
I tried the Sourcecoder 3, but got an error here aswell:

BasicTH wrote:
Here are the 6 default lists in the editor. You should add nothing to these tokens.

If you want to use lists with a custom name, you need to put this token in front of that name:

Note: If you want to define a custom list, you have to do it like this:

Code:
5→dim(ʟCUSTOM

That worked, thanx very much for the help!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours