Hi all,

I have searched and found all the stuff I need to get started. But some of the threads are a bit older or everyone has their own taste of how to setup to get started in ez80 assembly.

I have TIConnect and installed the CEmu Emulator and TokenIDE. I also find this online source coder amazing.

But what are the latest and sorta most preferred tools out there. Like I am still not sure what compiler to get. I have used many SDK's before when I was dabbling with python, C, SQL, PHP and HTML. But was out of the scene for almost 5 years.

I hope I can get a one-for-all solution og the latest technologies, mostly for the TI-84 Plus CE-T.

I thank you in advance.

Best regards

Benarius
I have written a guide on the current best practices here: https://github.com/CE-Programming/documentation

Start with the readme and download the tutorials Smile Best of luck!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I have written a guide on the current best practices here: https://github.com/CE-Programming/documentation

Start with the readme and download the tutorials Smile Best of luck!

You're the best. Thanks heaps.

Ben
The only issue is I haven't gotten around to updating the documentation with the new fasmg namespace features.

So when you see code that looks like this:

Code:
   call   _ClrScrn
   ld   a,lcdbpp16
   ld   (mpLcdCtrl),a
   call   _DrawStatusBar

The fasmg equivalent would be:

Code:
   call   ti.ClrScrn
   ld   a,ti.lcdbpp16
   ld   (ti.mpLcdCtrl),a
   call   tiDrawStatusBar

This allows TI-CE specific things to be abstracted away from your own variables to avoid name conflicts. I'll see if I can update it at some point, but just keep that in mind Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
The only issue is I haven't gotten around to updating the documentation with the new fasmg namespace features.

So when you see code that looks like this:

Code:
   call   _ClrScrn
   ld   a,lcdbpp16
   ld   (mpLcdCtrl),a
   call   _DrawStatusBar

The fasmg equivalent would be:

Code:
   call   ti.ClrScrn
   ld   a,ti.lcdbpp16
   ld   (ti.mpLcdCtrl),a
   call   tiDrawStatusBar

This allows TI-CE specific things to be abstracted away from your own variables to avoid name conflicts. I'll see if I can update it at some point, but just keep that in mind Razz

I got this multi purpose microfiber rag for my screen and clean also my glasses with it. But even after I wiped all the smears and fingerprints of my laptop, I still can not see or understand the difference of the above code. Showing me things like that at such an early stage scared the heck out of me. Perhaps I should just stay with TI Basic. Sad
This is exactly what I was looking for:

https://github.com/CE-Programming/documentation/tree/master/tutorials

That will keep me busy for a while.

Thanks

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours