Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I've been trying to load Doors CS onto my TI 84+, but whenever I launch it I'm met with a corrupted screen. When on this corrupted screen, no buttons work. I can't press CLEAR or QUIT to exit, and pressing ON just turns off the LCD; the corrupted screen remains when I turn the calculator back on. When I try to take a screenshot from TI Connect CE, I'm met with a transfer error. I've been able to take out a battery and replace it to exit the app with success. I've tried a full RAM+Archive reset, and still have the issue. I've been able to copy the same 8xk file to my other TI, and it works just fine. After opening the memory management screen on the broken TI, I can see a gui7(300B) and a DCS7(94B) file in RAM. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
Try running this program before running Doors CS:

https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/366/36608.html

Hope this helps, welcome to Cemetech Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Try running this program before running Doors CS:

https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/366/36608.html

Hope this helps, welcome to Cemetech Smile


Thanks for the reply. I deleted everything from DoorsCS, moved LCD Fix to the calculator before moving DoorsCS, and tried again. Ran LCD Fix before DoorsCS; it returned a value of 63. Same symptoms occurred; distorted screen, only way to exit is with batteries.
It should be noted that pressing any arrow key causes a random block of distortion to shift.
What OS are you running?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
What OS are you running?

The about screen says 2.55MP.
I wish there was something better I could say, but it seems that Doors CS does use some form of a safe screen copy... Can you please try this program and see if the screen is still glitchy when you use it? I know what routine it uses so it will be helpful for the developer, and I could submit a patch.

https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/games/TheWorldsHardestGame.zip
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I wish there was something better I could say, but it seems that Doors CS does use some form of a safe screen copy... Can you please try this program and see if the screen is still glitchy when you use it? I know what routine it uses so it will be helpful for the developer, and I could submit a patch.

https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/asm/games/TheWorldsHardestGame.zip


Tried running the program; no graphical glitches at all. I can use the app normally.
Just to be sure, which calculator do you have? Is it a TI-84+ or a TI-84+SE?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Just to be sure, which calculator do you have? Is it a TI-84+ or a TI-84+SE?


It's a TI 84+, not an SE. I didn't have any programs on the TI before running Doors CS.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement