I, beckadamtheinventor, will participate to the next Devember. My Devember will be done in python [3.6]. I promise I will [do my best to] program for my Devember for at least an hour, every day [that I am able to] of the next December, including the remaining November. I will also write a daily [at least] public devlog and will make the produced code publicly available on the internet. No matter what, I will keep my promise.

This Devember, I will be doing a number of projects in python, to grasp a better understanding of the language.

Project #1:
pyBENcS (python Binary ENcryption System)

Goal platforms:
+ Windows
+ Linux
+ Macintosh
+ Website (possibly)

Goal features:
+ More than on encryption method. {*IMPORTANT*}
+ Randomize Encryption key, or have the user choose.
+ Encrypt from any file's raw bytes, and output them in unsquished hexidecimal.
+ Encrypt from any file's raw bytes, and output them in base64.
+ Decrypt from a file containing unsquished hexidecimal, and output raw bytes.
+ Decrypt from a file containing base64, and output raw bytes.
+ Encrypt/Decrypt from a file containing unsquished hex, and output in unsquished hex.
+ Encrypt/Decrypt user input data.

You can read more, and get the source code, from the github repository

I know it's nothing too original, and I did repeat myself quite a bit in the features list... Razz

Project #2:
Yet to be determined, but it will be in python.

List of project possibilities:
+ Local deal finder
A program to find the best deals for items on your shopping list by searching local stores in your area.
+ pyCraft
A simple Minecraft implementation in python using pyglet.
+ Some sort of rouguelike
Idk what to name it, Idk what to make it about. Just a console game [engine].

I hope that it's okay for my to have multiple Devember projects Razz

Due to personal matters, I've had to postpone all of my non-calculator programming endeavors for the time being.
Not much is new today, just updated the TO-DO list for pyBENcS.
This is really cool Beck! Pardon my lack of knowledge but do you have any experience with Python already?
Alex wrote:
This is really cool Beck! Pardon my lack of knowledge but do you have any experience with Python already?

Thank you! Smile

I have a decent amount of experience in python 3, but not python 2.
Iirc I have at least 100 hours in python, and I took a course in it recently (and passed with a 80% or above, iirc)
Razz
I love python! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours