So I have been having some issues with using the keys to create strings in ICE. I am posting snippets of my code because this project is a suprise/secret and/or I make no guarantees about it existing later (ram clears are the bane of my existence).

My thought is to have 56 bytes allocated for key reference (default value is 0), in which the template is:
ASCII Value --> *{ICE Key Value}
I will then have have a loop that checks whether or not there is any information in that byte, and if so, whether or not the key is being pressed. Then it shows that character.

Again, sorry this has to be in snippets.

Code:

Alloc(56)->KEYS
65->*{KEYS+47}

And in another place:

Code:

For(I,0,55)
    If (*{KEYS+I}!=0)
        *{KEYS+I}->CHAR
        I->KEY
        If getKey(KEY)
            SetTextXY(5,220)
            PrintChar(CHAR)
        End
    End
End

The difficulty is that this either has some error that I am just not seeing or this method is wildly inconsistent, because, even though there is usually a key that will trigger this, it is never what it is supposed to be.

Can anyone help? All is appreciated.

EDIT: never mind
Sax + PT + c4ooo solved my problems

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours