Mateo isn't a game producer per se, yes he has made several games but he has developed many other tools such as the C libraries and CEmu. He does whatever he sees most important at that time. Right now, making a working USB library seems to be his focus. That said, I'll bet he'd rather improve Oiram rather than make a completely new game just because of your emulator issues. If you really want it that badly though, Mateo makes his projects open source so you can learn, use, and modify the code for your needs! The Oiram source code is here on Github.
Did I ever fix the starman bug? If not, should it be fixed? I kind of like the idea of it being a "feature"
Any thoughts on any other additions?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Did I ever fix the starman bug? If not, should it be fixed? I kind of like the idea of it being a "feature"

Did Nintendo fix any bugs when they released those retro games? No! (and they couldn't even if they wanted to) These bugs are what make the games fun! It adds zest.
I like the staroiram "bug", I have been using it intentionally at the end of my level packs as a kind of reward for completion.
I got a request that Oiram should support protection of level editing because apparently it might reveal secrets in a level if someone opens it in the editor. There's a new Oiram release here to support this, and it now keeps the position on the level selection screen.

Oiram: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/asm/games/oiram.zip
Level Editor: https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/oiram-editor/releases/latest
xMarminq_ wrote:

I'd like there to be an Ice Flower and a built in calculator program with the Oiram level maker. I shtat even possible? The level editor
JDK wrote:
xMarminq_ wrote:

I'd like there to be an Ice Flower and a built in calculator program with the Oiram level maker. I shtat even possible? The level editor

If you make it yourself it most certainly is.
So I downloaded the source code of Oiram from the github page to reskin it to be smb1. I was unable to get it to compile, as it just said:

Code:
"[compiling C]   src/enemies.c"
CC: Unknown switch "OZ"
The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [obj/enemies.src] Error 1

It says the same thing when compiling one i just downloaded. What am i doing wrong?

EDIT1: In the download, the obj folder was missing, and was only created when i tried to compile it.

EDIT2: I managed to fix that on my own, but when trying to compile the images (make -C img) it says:
Quote:
make: Entering directory `C:/Users/###########/Downloads/oiram-master/oiram-master/img'
convpng
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, convpng, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
make: *** [cv] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `C:/Users/###########/Downloads/oiram-master/oiram-master/img'

this is the only thing that I cant get to work.
EDIT3: i download convpng and changed the version of the CE C toolchain and it got farther, converting all the images, but puts an error at the end:
Quote:
[warning] image quality might be too low.
please try grouping similar images, reducing image colors,
or selecting a better palette if conversion is not ideal.

finished!
mkdir ../bin
The syntax of the command is incorrect.
make: *** [cv] Error 1
make: Leaving directory

Is this something I should be concerned about? (Note: custom images still have yet to show up in OIRAM mod)

FINAL EDIT: Got it to work

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 19 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours