» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldNewTimer wrote:
Whenever I save a project in the ICE language on SC, and then reopen it later, the language defaults back to TI-Basic. This in turn exports the file incorrectly. I don't know if it's just me, but any ICE project I make on SC does this.

EDIT:
I have reported this previously in the thread, and I believe someone said they fixed it. I'm not sure what happened Confused .

I have another bug report related to this ^

If I open a second tab in SC to store sprites and such into a separate program and set the language as ICE, it will always revert back to TI-BASIC when saved and reopened.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
When exporting an ICE file, sometimes random "Pause " commands lose their space and therefor don't get tokenized. This is really annoying when I have to continuously compile, then go to the error to fix the broken Pause commands.

This is fixed; SC doesn't properly delete single-line comments in code, so I've fixed it and pushed to the repo; hopefully it will be live soon. For now, don't put comments right after the Pause command. Razz

OldNewTimer wrote:
OldNewTimer wrote:
Whenever I save a project in the ICE language on SC, and then reopen it later, the language defaults back to TI-Basic. This in turn exports the file incorrectly. I don't know if it's just me, but any ICE project I make on SC does this.

EDIT:
I have reported this previously in the thread, and I believe someone said they fixed it. I'm not sure what happened Confused .

I have another bug report related to this ^

If I open a second tab in SC to store sprites and such into a separate program and set the language as ICE, it will always revert back to TI-BASIC when saved and reopened.

That is because SC doesn't save the type; but when you load a file it checks against a header to find out what type of program it is IIRC. Will look into that more! Smile
When pressing the "Check" button, any errors are output in HTML, but the HTML codes themselves are printed. It is annoying because usually the error (for me at least) is that I have extra tabs at the ends of the lines. I need to decode the HTML in my head before it makes sense.
Big problem: I have a project with about 7ish programs in it. I was editing it, and I had just finished and was about to send it to the calculator, but it wouldn't ever send. So I reloaded, and when it loaded, all but one of those programs was gone. The project total space remains the same, but only one of the programs shows up.
I can't store a "" into a string. SC keeps removing the \ no matter how many of them I add. (ie "\" wont work, "\\" wont work, etc.) This character is essential for my program (JPL) to run but I don't know how to make it stay. Even the Source Coder god PT_ couldn't shed any light on this. Sad
I'd like to be able to store a \ into a string, or, if it's already possible, have SC inform you on how to do it if it detects it within a string.
I have had multiple projects have that same bug where only the first file in a project shows up. It's a really big problem.
I have also run into this problem that elijonlogan has reported. The first tab shows up, and the space taken remains the same. Luckily I have backups Smile
Is the "BackgroundOn " token available in SC? I couldn't find it even with the search bar and it's not getting tokenized when I compile my project.

EDIT: the "DARKGRAY","Wait " token also doesn't get tokenized.

EDIT2: You may as well see the project, there's lots of tokenizing issues. http://sc.cemetech.net/?hash=Q/Mp2BOCsF8aRLSUE/qeQtr+B0ey
Certain TI-BASIC commands can't be correctly color coded
Some TI-Basic tokens in SourceCoder is not correctly color coded. For example:

Code:
ExprOff
Full
ZStandard
BackgroundOff

It will be recognized as:
Full
BackgroundOff
ZSstandard
ExprOff

This is very annoying because I always work with the graph screen and if it is not color coded, I assume that I should add a space after it and the command will not work in the calculator.
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but SC3 will accept HorizLine_NoClip( , but if you transfer it to your calculator, what comes up is det(38([DATA]
(This is ICE by the way)

You can avoid this by doing just HorizLine_NoClip, but I still consider this something to be fixed.
I'm not sure what caused this, but the contents of one of my TI-Basic programs in a project were entirely replaced by the contents of a different program in the same project. The other program still existed, and I could not recover the program that had its contents replaced and I had to rewrite it. Luckily, it was fairly simple and short, but if this happened with a larger program, it could be difficult to rewrite the program.
SC3 sometimes fails to compile assembly programs when there is an error. This has been reported before, I'm sure, but I figured out why it happens and a way to get your actual error log.

Whenever there is a syntax error in an assembly program, SC3 fails to create a listing file for some reason, and when it later tries to open this nonexistent listing file you get a crash.

To get the actual error log, you can open up the Chrome console and type assembler.log

I found this after quite a bit of reverse-engineering of the compressed spasm/sc3 code, and I hope the admins won't get too mad because I am doing this to try and help diagnose and fix a bug. (Also, the chrome dev tools are awesome when it comes to reverse-engineering code)

This was a lot of work, but it was pretty fun to do. I hope this information helps fix this annoying bug.
There has been a multitude of reports lately of users across the board losing their files, both long-time members and new ones. It may be worthwhile to look into who broke things.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
There has been a multitude of reports lately of users across the board losing their files, both long-time members and new ones. It may be worthwhile to look into who broke things.

Yes! I just find out I lose my most import file in source coder! BUT thankfully I have backups in gitlab.
I just lost my BasicNote project as well... nothing tragic, as I haven't worked on it since releasing v1.1.2, but did someone tamper with the server or..?
There were some updates. PT_ fixed a SAX users list bug that popped up. So I would say that some tampering has been done.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

If you lost your projects in the last few days; that bug has been fixed and updated. If longer since then, I've no idea yet, but I will build in an extra security which warns against that (i.e. if the returned size is 0 while you clearly have some data in your projects, something went wrong with the API). Please report if this still happens! Smile
I don’t know if this is a bug or something just isn’t setup right. I have 2 problems with SourceCoder 3, one with my PC on Win 7 and the other on my iPad Air ver 12.0.1 . On my PC, when I have z80 ASM or ez80 ASM selected, pressing Check doesn’t work. I can’t compile any asm code. On my iPad Air, pressing Check works and I can compile asm code, but I can’t enter anything in the text area to change anything in the asm code. When I type on the keyboard I can see keys on the calculator being pressed but nothing shows in the text area. If I want to do any asm code in SourceCoder3, I have to edit it on my PC, save the code, open the code on my iPad Air and compile and run it on the calculator. If there’s any errors, I have to correct it on the PC, save it, and then go back to the iPad. I’ve spend the past couple of days searching thru the forum, but haven't found anything helpful.
I figured out how to enter text in the SC3 editor on my iPad. I have to deactivate the calculator by clearing the ROM. As long as the ROM is cleared, I can modify the code in the editor and compile it. To run the code I have to load the ROM back into the calculator. To re-edit the code I have to delete the ROM again. That cycle SUCKS, but at least it works. Now I just have to figure out why I can’t compile ASM code on my PC.
TI84pceBasicPro wrote:
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but SC3 will accept HorizLine_NoClip( , but if you transfer it to your calculator, what comes up is det(38([DATA]
(This is ICE by the way)

You can avoid this by doing just HorizLine_NoClip, but I still consider this something to be fixed.

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SC3 sometimes fails to compile assembly programs when there is an error. This has been reported before, I'm sure, but I figured out why it happens and a way to get your actual error log.

Whenever there is a syntax error in an assembly program, SC3 fails to create a listing file for some reason, and when it later tries to open this nonexistent listing file you get a crash.

To get the actual error log, you can open up the Chrome console and type assembler.log

I found this after quite a bit of reverse-engineering of the compressed spasm/sc3 code, and I hope the admins won't get too mad because I am doing this to try and help diagnose and fix a bug. (Also, the chrome dev tools are awesome when it comes to reverse-engineering code)

This was a lot of work, but it was pretty fun to do. I hope this information helps fix this annoying bug.

Both bugs has been resolved. Thanks for noticing! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 28 of 32
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours