It would probably make sense to open source it so others can work on it at least.

Unless someone is trying to hide some delicious spaghetti code...
De2290 wrote:
Yes, I know about BOSShell, but something tells me that project isn't doing good.

You were saying? Razz

I am this close to getting it to work, so I beg the question, what gives you that impression? BOSshell is still under development, and I plan to have another public pre-release in late December. Wink

Note to admin: I am only posting here to dispel their claim, I am not meaning to necropost on this thread.
Oops, sorry. For some reason I thought the project wasn't doing well.
This thread has been revived again.

Let me reiterate. Everyone wants DoorsCE, that is obvious. What is obviously not obvious is that Kerm has stuff to do, and is busy. If he doesn't want the source/copies of the program distributed, they won't be.
Also, Cesium is a perfectly good shell for the CE, and has many useful capabilities. Hooks/shortcuts to open it, password hook, hidden programs, locking/unlocking programs, archiving/unarchiving programs and appvars, lots of customization, and many other features. I hear you want folders. The "usual" way to do it was with a previously unused byte in the memory, but ow TI is using it, so that method is out. Someone has to figure out another way to do it. (maybe already has, to be honest).
Does anyone realize that Kerm hasn't posted on this forum thread since 05 Oct 2017 07:39:34 pm?
I think that should tell us something...
Don't people realize they should stop posting in this thread?
jcgter777 wrote:
The "usual" way to do it was with a previously unused byte in the memory, but ow TI is using it, so that method is out. Someone has to figure out another way to do it. (maybe already has, to be honest).

Ehh what happened to that byte? It was working last time i tried to make a shell.
jcgter777 wrote:
Don't people realize they should stop posting in this thread?
Yes they should...or not...lol
This is to KermMartian:
Can you please post a release of what you got for now? I would love to have my own copy of the current version, bugs or not, even if it makes my ti 84 ce reset. I really need it as TI 84 CE shells are limited and sometimes unstable and unusable. Just please release the current stage. Thank you KermMartian for working on DoorsCE.
Ecscuse mi can yu reed?

Read the thread. Please.
Okay, just a heads up for everybody. Doors CE is never going to be released. Even if it was, what would you like about it (except the libraries are yummy Smile ) Folder support is gone now, due to the fact that TI's screwiness has gone up.

I suggest getting a TI-84 Plus SE if you really want to have fun.
Is there a way to forcibly lock this thread?
johnbchron wrote:
Is there a way to forcibly lock this thread?

Yes, admins can lock/unlock threads, but I think it is being left open in case this project ever gets picked up again, or if there is any constructive discussion about the project that might take place, but I think that's pretty much out the window at this point Laughing
It's also a bit of a meme now and I think some admins are lowkey enjoying watching the thread🙈
Valve can't count to 3.
Kerm can't count to 9.
What's the greatest common factor of 3 and 9? That's right 3.
Illuminati confirmed!

What was that you were saying about constructive discussion?
De2290 wrote:
Okay, just a heads up for everybody. Doors CE is never going to be released.
Not in the form it was in for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. Otherwise your statement is false.
*Johnbchron humbly wonders what other form this could be*
KermMartian wrote:
De2290 wrote:
Not in the form it was in for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. Otherwise your statement is false.

What do you exactly mean by this?
I think he means that some features from DoorsCSE won't be in DoorsCE, but it will be released at some point.
De2290 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
De2290 wrote:

What do you exactly mean by this?

probably like folder support

EDIT: Wait, does this mean that he may actually release DoorsCE?!
He's always stated that he wanted to release DCE, and anyway, the topic's title contains "Paused", instead of, say, "Canceled". It's just that there's no timeline, as before, and anyway, the feature set won't be that much larger than Cesium's, given that startup hooks are not available anymore, and folders are no longer available the old, easy to use way. He could reimplement a full-custom folders system, like e.g. the author of PCTools did on the TI-68k series, but that has pitfalls.
So once again, nothing (new) to see here, much ado about nothing, and move along ?

Every time, I reiterate that I don't see a problem with a release of DCE + components in a modular form, based on the shared community framework (and possibly contributing improvements to it).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 25 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours