per Unreal Tournament's post on Facebook:
Unreal Tournament wrote:
We are in the process of auditing old servers that are on site at Epic Games Headquarters. While we have no intention of taking the UT99 or UT2004 master servers offline, we will no longer be collecting stat information. This Friday, October 26, we'll be taking the stats database and website offline. Of course, you can continue to play as always. Thank you for your continued support of Unreal Tournament!

It's the end of an era, folks.
End of an era indeed :S.
R.I.P
i hope someone comes up with a 3rd party host for it or something, Its just fun to have.
There's similar functionality with UTStatsDB, but to my knowledge nobody has reverse-engineered the protocol. The stats uplink is part of the master server link, and that address is defined in ut2004.ini, so I'd imagine it'd be possible to develop a server for stats.
Well, the UT2004 stats server is alive and well as of posfing time. UT99's is down, though.
Folks from the LIKE-A Clan informed me that the stats server was shut down on 4 December. One user tried to archive as much as they could, stating that ~20GB of data was pulled from the server, but had barely scraped the surface of a service that ran for 14 years.

RIP UT2004Stats: March 18, 2004 - December 4, 2018
Wow, 20GB is a lot. Considering it's mostly text.

1 Character = 1 Byte

1000 characters per kilobyte.
1,000,000 (1 Million) characters per megabyte
2,000,000,000 (2 Billion) characters of information.

This is all rough but that's data for each match, each player, etc etc. I can definitely see the total text data being a lot more than 100GB. You can fit a lot of info in 2B characters too. Wow.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours