Hi all,

Is there any way I can take advantage of the soft F function keys in my TI-83/84 programs?

Thanks,
Is getKey not what you're looking for?
thinhpham wrote:
Hi all,

Is there any way I can take advantage of the soft F function keys in my TI-83/84 programs?

Thanks,

Code:

getKey→K

See this image for key codes
As stated above, you can create your own menus with getKey, but you can't make an OS style ToolBar in pure basic (like the ToolBar command in 68k).

What I mean by ToolBar:

mr womp womp wrote:
As stated above, you can create your own menus with getKey, but you can't make an OS style ToolBar in pure basic (like the ToolBar command in 68k).

What I mean by ToolBar:

This is exactly what I want. So sad I can’t take advantage of it. Sad
Hi thinhpham,
You cant do it in TI Basic but there are others languages...
For exemple on ti-84 pce there is ICE...
With ICE you have a full access to screen and a lot of other possibilities.
KYMO
Dear Friend wrote:
Hi thinhpham,
You cant do it in TI Basic but there are others languages...
For exemple on ti-84 pce there is ICE...
With ICE you have a full access to screen and a lot of other possibilities.
KYMO

Thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately I don’t own a CE. Sad
No problems, there are other languages on a lot of ti calculators, for example C, Grammer, Axe, Doors,... on ti-84 for example

Anytime you have the "Asm" command you have access to other languages
KYMO thinhpham
Dear Friend wrote:
No problems, there are other languages on a lot of ti calculators, for example C, Grammer, Axe, Doors,... on ti-84 for example

Anytime you have the "Asm" command you have access to other languages
KYMO thinhpham

Thank you. I’ve just started learning programming and didn’t know about other languages. For now I’m still learning TI BASIC, I will try your suggestions when I have a chance.
Wich calculator do you have ? on TI-84 there is Grammar wich is very good speed

Search on internet, there are a lot of tutorials, step-by-step and so on...
Assembler for example is very educative because you use directly the processor and you have to manage very low level instructions and very registers....But speed is the best speed you can have... try a simple loop in Ti-Basic and compare it with the same loop in ICE, you will not belive your eyes...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours