Wow, this is quite impressive! Have you tried throwing DinoPuzz at it? Wink
Is there documentation of the commands and formatting used for your frames example?
There are PIC commands that take a frame index and apply it as an offset to your data.

The frames are pretty much packed together one after another in the file. It's pretty raw as there is no real header or anything aside from the normal PIC ID stuff.

Merth: I believe Dino Puzzle utilises celtic? I won't be able to test that as yet.

Good news, I have included a fixed-width small font as per people's request. Here is a screenshot Smile:

tr1p1ea wrote:
There are PIC commands that take a frame index and apply it as an offset to your data.

The frames are pretty much packed together one after another in the file. It's pretty raw as there is no real header or anything aside from the normal PIC ID stuff.

Merth: I believe Dino Puzzle utilises celtic? I won't be able to test that as yet.

Good news, I have included a fixed-width small font as per people's request. Here is a screenshot Smile:

This looks great! will come in handy for text intensive programs, how will the command work? Will there be an extra boolean argument for small or large font?
That looks extremely cool, tr1p1ea! That small font is definitely going to be useful. If you've pulled the repo, you have the updated Celtic code, unless we still need to resolve the 3-byte arguments stored by Celtic's hook handler with the 2-byte arguments that you expect.
I have started on a handful of the DrawShape commands and was able to get BlockDude to a playable state! There are still some functions missing (Inverted graphics etc) but it doesn't affect gameplay. I also have to correct a small issue with the filled rectangle routine as well but that is a trivial fix thankfully:

Speed is marginally better, though I think the emulator does run a little fater than hardware due to wait states etc. You will notice that the graphics are a bit faster on the CE however things like TIOS getkey etc are still pretty average on the CE.
That looks great, tr1p1ea! I'm happy to see it functioning within Doors CE 9 now, and that'll definitely light a fire under me to get some work done on fixing the remaining bugs and issues of which I'm aware.
There are a couple of tiny bug in that screenshot with draw rectangle that have been corrected and I'm glad that it is providing motivation for the shell! Smile.
Nothing too crazy but I just noticed on the wiki, it says that UpdateLCD is real(9) while in the sdk, it says it's real(10)
Also, I believe transindex doesn't work with real(4,8. in my particular case, it was not an issue since I could just make the background color the same as the background color in the program I am working on, but I could see it being an issue for things like games that have precious backgrounds that should not be destroyed by a clueless sprite Razz
PT_ wrote:
Just poke tr1p1ea to release XLIBCE, that is way more important [than DoorsCE] Razz

Well then, poke.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
PT_ wrote:
Just poke tr1p1ea to release XLIBCE, that is way more important [than DoorsCE] Razz

Well then, poke.

I would be willing to rewrite xLib for the CE, i think i may have some spare time for that. I wouldn't know if it should be half-res mode or not, or how possible a "legacy" mode would be.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours