Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I asked someone yesterday how I could download Age of Empires. S/he said to go to:
https://github.com/PeterTillema/Age-Of-CEmpires-I. I'm supposed to "build AoCE from the source", but im not sure what to download.
It says on the bottom, “To build AoCE, grab ConvPNG, ConvHEX and spasm. Put ConvHEX and spasm in the main folder and convpng in the gfx/ folder. After that, just run build.bat to convert all the graphics and build AoCE from the source.”
I dont see ConvPNG, thats the problem, and when i click on it, it gives a bunch of other stuff. Do I highlight all of it?
Use the 'Releases" tab ad download the exe for your computer.
I don't see a "releases" tab.
Psyche, I do, although there haven't been any releases. What do I do now?
This project already has a topic here. And there are no releases because it's still a relatively early work in progress. Basic field rendering is currently being worked on, and there is no actual gameplay logic.
In addition to that, I can't promise the build at my Github is stable; I've been messing around with stuff all the times, and sometimes I break stuff Rolling Eyes
PT_ wrote:
In addition to that, I can't promise the build at my Github is stable; I've been messing around with stuff all the times, and sometimes I break stuff Rolling Eyes

That's what branches are for:

Code:
git branch dev/feature
git checkout dev/feature

Then when you are done changing things:

Code:
git checkout master
git merge dev/feature
To Mateo's post, I'll add a plug for `git rebase`, which makes for more linear, cleaner and more readable commit history. But let's not turn that topic into a Git flow discussion ^^
TI84plceBasicPro wrote:
I asked someone yesterday how I could download Age of Empires. S/he said to go to:
https://github.com/PeterTillema/Age-Of-CEmpires-I. I'm supposed to "build AoCE from the source", but im not sure what to download.


I'm a he Razz Download the whole repo/clone it, and run make.
jcgter777 wrote:
TI84plceBasicPro wrote:
I asked someone yesterday how I could download Age of Empires. S/he said to go to:
https://github.com/PeterTillema/Age-Of-CEmpires-I. I'm supposed to "build AoCE from the source", but im not sure what to download.


I'm a he Razz Download the whole repo/clone it, and run make.

No, that doesn't work. Currently you can only build it on Windows, because it's made by a batch file. Someone is going to work on a makefile to make it work on Linux too Razz
Friendly reminder: double-posting is not allowed, and topic titles should reflect the contents of the topic.
Is there an already compiled version of this? I can't install the toolchain because I don't have admin rights.
De2290 wrote:
Is there an already compiled version of this? I can't install the toolchain because I don't have admin rights.

No.
No admin rights? That was me last year. Wink
Wait for your own computer, figure out the password, or ask your parents (or the "admin").

Try running a computer emulator like VirtualBox or something, and you'll basically have a completely new completely yours computer.
hehe... well I am building a new computer (finally a 1060 ti and 8 gigs of ram)
De2290 wrote:
Is there an already compiled version of this? I can't install the toolchain because I don't have admin rights.


How the heck did this forum get revived after almost a year?
jcgter777 wrote:
No admin rights? That was me last year. Wink

Try running a computer emulator like VirtualBox or something, and you'll basically have a completely new completely yours computer.


There's one problem with that, VirtualBox requires admin rights.
De2290 wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
No admin rights? That was me last year. Wink

Try running a computer emulator like VirtualBox or something, and you'll basically have a completely new completely yours computer.


There's one problem with that, VirtualBox requires admin rights.


Only in certain cases. Smile Sorry if this is a lot of text to read.

Have you tried changing where the installer is downloading to? If you set it to somewhere that doesn't require admin permissions, such as your Downloads folder, that might work.

If the application is a .exe that won't run without admin rights, then just make a .bat file containing this code. Just make sure to add the program name (without .exe) after "start".


Code:
set __COMPAT_LAYER=RunAsInvoker
start


If it's a .msi file that requires admin rights or none of those work, then I guess you're out of luck, sadly. Sad
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement