Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Hello Cemetech !!!

For the past few month I have been working on a "ICE" shell name Xenon due to lack of interest in other project... I wanted to make some similar to cesium. Any way here is what Xenon Can do Razz :

Good Idea Features:
  • Runing Asm & Basic Programs
  • Terminal
  • Password Lock / Customizable UserName
  • Dev Options
  • Deleting Programs and Making Programs
  • Battery indicator and clock
  • Customizable colors
  • ...


These are the people who helped me and influenced me with Xenon over the pass month or two I will love to give them credit. These Are the People:

Idea Credits:
  • LAX18 - for search code and providing the need pieces for the shell, Also giving me idea and features!!! Exclamation
  • PT - For making ICE !!! & Helping with Saving code and teaching me how to store values into Lists.. Razz
  • BeckAdam - For helping LAX18 with Search Code and much more more Good Idea .
  • MateoC - For Making Cesium !! and inspiring me !!! Smile
  • EscherLochran - Making the Amazing Default sprite Icons!! Good Idea


Exclamation Screen Shots:


All ScreenShots can be found here
*Note: Found more Bugs while recording

Right Now its in its Beta stages I am look forward to releasing this Shell.
I need to add more things such as more settings and pointers for ram and Rom.

*look Forward to adding "Import" to Terminial so you can import your own commands

Please Leave A comment or suggestion Smile .

-Alvajoy123
Lol I initially thought this was a remake of the classic arcade shooter, but not to worry - Imagine playing a remake of Xenon IN Xenon though Very Happy.

Looks very slick and responsive, I hope people adopt this project!
tr1p1ea wrote:
0x5 I initially thought this was a remake of the classic arcade shooter, but not to worry - Imagine playing a remake of Xenon IN Xenon though Very Happy.

Looks very slick and responsive, I hope people adopt this project!


Thank you Very Happy . very much, For the complement. Good Idea
Wow that's cool! Looks feature-heavy which I'm all for. Keep it up!
Is there any way that you can make it so that this opens from startup rather than having to open the prgm menu? I just feel that it would be a lot nicer to have this open, instead of opening this to open another program.
I've been skeptical of your projects before, but this time it looks really good! The Cesium-like interface looks very good. One thing I'm wondering is why haven't you updated your calculator to OS 5.3.0 yet? You no longer need the Asm( token.

Some suggestions: could you make this an app? Will you provide backup options so we don't have to worry about RAM clears? That's a big factor if I'm going to switch from using Cesium. Could you add a hex viewer for programs and app vars? ∫

Rohan: as far as I know, you can't run a program at startup on the CE like you can with the older TI 84 models. I'm not sure what's different, but it's not possible right now. However, Alvajoy could implement some hooks like Cesium does and have the shell open immediately when you press something like [on]+[prgm] which is the next best thing.
ckosmic wrote:
Wow that's cool! Looks feature-heavy which I'm all for. Keep it up!

Thank you ckosmic !! Very Happy . I look forward to adding more features, and release the first beta version. Smile Good Idea

rohanmodi wrote:
Is there any way that you can make it so that this opens from startup rather than having to open the prgm menu? I just feel that it would be a lot nicer to have this open, instead of opening this to open another program.


rohanmodi, There is a way to make my shell into an os so it can open on start up, using FreeOS made by MateoC. but it's in a different program language "asm" Sad .
I also think there is a way to open the shell on start like the way cesuim locks you calculator Idea .
But, I look forward to adding [on] + [prgm] hook with the help of LAX18 and PT_, so you don't need to go to the prgm menu Good Idea .

TheLastMillennial wrote:
I've been skeptical of your projects before, but this time it looks really good! The Cesium-like interface looks very good. One thing I'm wondering is why haven't you updated your calculator to OS 5.3.0 yet? You no longer need the Asm( token.

Some suggestions: could you make this an app? Will you provide backup options so we don't have to worry about RAM clears? That's a big factor if I'm going to switch from using Cesium. Could you add a hex viewer for programs and app vars? ∫

Rohan: as far as I know, you can't run a program at startup on the CE like you can with the older TI 84 models. I'm not sure what's different, but it's not possible right now. However, Alvajoy could implement some hooks like Cesium does and have the shell open immediately when you press something like [on]+[prgm] which is the next best thing.


I was using Cemu and I had an old Tios version on my PC. I also wanted people with an older version of Tios to know how to open the shell up Rolling Eyes .
I could make this a shell into a app but I think I have to reprogram the whole shell in C Wink . I also thing that I should wait until the shell has no more bugs then I should turn it into a app. Good Idea
"Could you add a hex viewer for programs and app vars?". I can but not in this beta release, I will also ask BeckAdam to help with adding this feature. Very Happy



-Alvajoy123
Working on
▪ The Lock screen need a bit more nicer Gui.
▪ Making Shell Size Smaller.
▪ Adding more Features to Terminal.
▪ Fix Menu Bugs and other bugs.
▪ Getting ready for Release.

Exclamation Please make sure to post your ideas or wanted features!! Exclamation
1). You said you cannot use FreeOS because it is in asm. I am not well versed in any language besides TI-Basic (And even then, I am not an expert on that either), but don't you need to use the asm( command if you want to use an ICE program?

2). If you where to make a TI-Basic Program on the physical calculator (I do this a lot during math class), would it automatically show up in the Xenon interface?

3). I saw in the screenshots something about admin users, does that mean you can password-protect it?

4). Would the 'home screen' be like Doors CS or like a Kindle's swipe interface, or something completely different?

5). Is there a way to customize the icons for the programs?
rohanmodi wrote:
1). You said you cannot use FreeOS because it is in asm. I am not well versed in any language besides TI-Basic (And even then, I am not an expert on that either), but don't you need to use the asm( command if you want to use an ICE program?

2). If you where to make a TI-Basic Program on the physical calculator (I do this a lot during math class), would it automatically show up in the Xenon interface?

3). I saw in the screenshots something about admin users, does that mean you can password-protect it?

4). Would the 'home screen' be like Doors CS or like a Kindle's swipe interface, or something completely different?

5). Is there a way to customize the icons for the programs?

1.) You will need the Asm( command when you are trying to run an ASM program or ICE program.


2.) Yes, The program will show up in the Xenon UI, Also it Xenon has the ability to make new programs but not edit the program at the time Razz .

3.) Yes, The Xenon can lock itself when you click logout in the Xenon menu Rolling Eyes . if you forgot you password you will have to download the password removal program Good Idea . I Also added hints basically the length of you password.

4.) Right now am not sure. I will make it up as I go Wink .
Edit: "I would do Kindle's swipe UI, but i don't have enough space ."

5.) Yes, there is but for you have to change it with Shell source code.
Edit: "Changing the Sprite Code, and can end up with Xenon Crashing. Exclamation "
What do you mean "you don't have enough space"? The kindle UI is really simple and you have plenty of on-screen space if you slightly reduce the icon size. You don't even have to animate it, just show what is next in the list.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
What do you mean "you don't have enough space"? The kindle UI is really simple and you have plenty of on-screen space if you slightly reduce the icon size. You don't even have to animate it, just show what is next in the list.


That's true I will try that!!! Good Idea . And I will inform you of any problems with this GUI update Exclamation .
hopefully I can give you credit for this Smile .
I will be changing the look form the Kindle GUI to look something of Doors CE GUI
here is what I mean

Due to Mid-Terms this project will be paused until Tuesday.
"I am trying to get a good grade and study hard."
Alvajoy123 wrote:
I will be changing the look form the Kindle GUI to look something of Doors CE GUI
here is what I mean

Due to Mid-Terms this project will be paused until Tuesday.
"I am trying to get a good grade and study hard."

You don't need to add [Paused] in the title when the project is only a few days delayed. Wink

Anyway, this looks really nice! How hard was it for you to add running BASIC and assembly programs? Or did you just stealcopy someone's else code? I'm curious about how this project turns out, and I wish you best of luck! Smile
PT_ wrote:
Anyway, this looks really nice! How hard was it for you to add running BASIC and assembly programs? Or did you just stealcopy someone's else code?

Running programs was all made by LAX18. Razz All Credit goes to LAX18

PT_ wrote:
I'm curious about how this project turns out, and I wish you best of luck! Smile

Thank You ! Smile
Hey Alvajoy,

I hope you do well on your midterms Very Happy .

Do you have an estimated time frame as to when XENON will be completed? This month, this year, in 5 years? Looking forward to its release, will be sure to install it when it comes out.
rohanmodi wrote:

I hope you do well on your midterms Very Happy .

Thank you Smile . I passed all of my mid-terms with a 90's and above, Also mid-Terms are now over.

rohanmodi wrote:

Do you have an estimated time frame as to when XENON will be completed? This month, this year, in 5 years? Looking forward to its release, will be sure to install it when it comes out.


I will be releasing Xenon soon Smile
Help Needed Exclamation
I'm getting close to releasing the Beta version of Xenon but i have some few problem and I would like some help from Cemetech ICE programmer.

  • Menu Pining (50%)
    Allow you to have Pin an Prgm into the Menu.

  • Adding rom and ram pointers. (0%)
    View value of rom and ram pointers . Good Idea

  • Ram Leaks (On Hold)
    Program crashes due over searching

  • Making Program Size Smaller (40%)
    Size is to big for my satisfaction.



Please PM or Post any features that will be useful for Xenon.
I will also keep an update on this post.
This is all for now. Very Happy
will this shell have folder support?
De2290 wrote:
will this shell have folder support?

It will have the folder function.. But not in the beta version, which is the current.
Hello Everyone, Very Happy
Lately I have been working on the Terminal portion of Xenon
Here is the commands on the Terminal so far:

Code:
EXIT - exit the shell
ECHO "String" - Displays String Input
TIME - Display time
VER - Display Terminal Version
SETRAND"BC/TC" - Sets a random background or text color
*RUN "B/A" "prgm name" - runs a basic or asm program A as in asm, and B as in Basic

* I have removed some commands due it being not important such as "return" and "rand" where removed to make space for better commands. such as "run"

These are the commands I want to make for the Terminal But there are some few problems
Wanted commands:

Code:
SETBC # - set terminal background color
                  Strings can't be trued into numbers
SETTC # - set terminal text color
                 Strings can't be trued into numbers

How can I change a string form it's String form to it number form?
EX: "123"→Str0 123→A



Code:
IMPORT "PRGMNAME" -Import commands into the Term
                 This command does not work due to limitation of ICE

I am trying to make Python Import command in ICE.
I am trying to find way so that the user does not need to recompile the shell.
how make this command work? How and what can i do?

Also I will be posting more screenshots soon.. Wink
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement