Cerebral, please pay attention to the date posts were made. Answering posts from Nov 21 2017 in a busy thread like this makes the answer pretty obsolete.
Also, to clarify your answer, yes all CSE BASIC games will be compatible with the CE however, there will be no ASM programs compatible between the CSE and CE due to the processors being different. Wink

As for the welcoming thread, that'd be here.

Also, please understand that it's not that Kerm doesn't want to finish Doors, it's that he can't. He (and his friend elfprince) are trying to manage their new company Geopipe which is no easy task. That's a reason why it's been delayed for so long, that's why it's likely not be released for several more years. When Kerm gets that all sorted out, then he'll finish Doors.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Also, please understand that it's not that Kerm doesn't want to finish Doors, it's that he can't. He (and his friend elfprince) are trying to manage their new company Geopipe which is no easy task. That's a reason why it's been delayed for so long, that's why it's likely not be released for several more years. When Kerm gets that all sorted out, then he'll finish Doors.

If only git or some other tool to share source code existed...
By themselves, tools to share code do not solve the issue of a monolithic code base which has to play catch-up and interoperate with the long-established infrastructure (community toolchain & libs, improved program loader, Cesium, etc.) for the TI-eZ80 series, rather than imposing said infrastructure in the absence of sizable competitors (as occurred for DCSE on the 84+CSE), and which needs to duplicate work in the process of interoperating.

But yes, for users' sake, it's pretty likely that the source code of xLIBCE, and the other non-GUI (there's Cesium for that) features people are requesting, should be shared, so that theoretically - and certainly also practically - more people can work on them.

Also, we keep repeating ourselves, which is a waste of time and energy.
Sorry about that, I naïvely assumed that page 1 (which opens by default when I click on the thread) contains the most recent posts, not page 24. That was stupid Razz

Going along with that, is there any way to make threads open by default to the latest page?

By the way, Geopipe looks pretty neat Smile
Off topic, but you can go to the latest post by clicking on the small icon next to the Latest Post column. And you can go to the new posts since you last visited ton the left of the topic title.
I hope doors eventually gets finished, but I do understand that life happens.
As do I, XpointView22. However, I must strongly suggest that you and any others please refrain from posting in this topic as it is considered bad practice in my opinion and in others.
CerebralDatabank wrote:
Sorry about that, I naïvely assumed that page 1 (which opens by default when I click on the thread) contains the most recent posts, not page 24. That was stupid Razz

Going along with that, is there any way to make threads open by default to the latest page?

By the way, Geopipe looks pretty neat Smile

It could be usefull for me too. A kind of configuration by users profile
Can you please release the file for Doors CE? Even if it's in development I would love playing around with the GUI and Doors CE features. Please release it
I know most all of us would love it, but...
OldNewTimer wrote:
jcgter777 wrote:
Kerm is really busy with life, work and whatever, and some people come to this site just to ask for it. Lots of pokes, no free time. Maybe it's not going to never come out, but we're going to just have to wait.

Everyone that owns a CE wants DCE. That's clear. (Maybe a few exceptions). Poking shows interest, as stated before. If you want it, maybe don't ask for a beta version, but just state your interest in it. Kerm might find some free time, and decide to work on it, but poking may (or may not) annoy him.

jcgter777 wrote:
If you are interested about DoorsCE, please make a post that shows your interest, and have it show that you understand that Kerm's been busy. (Just to show interest, but not nag)
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Can you please release the file for Doors CE? Even if it's in development I would love playing around with the GUI and Doors CE features. Please release it

ELEMAYOH EKSDEE did you read ANY part of this thread?
there is a program called Turtle that is a logo editor that requires Doors Ce. Hmmmm.
JDK wrote:
there is a program called Turtle that is a logo editor that requires Doors Ce. Hmmmm.

This one?
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1265

Turtle requires Doors CSE, an earlier version of Doors designed for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition (Not the same thing as the CE). Doors CE is not out yet Neutral .
Well, this is kind of sad. Cesium is okay, but I would really like for this (or something similar) to exist. Mostly folder support and automatic program hiding, the program menu gets really untidy.
Eh, if you want a shell, you should make one. If you know BASIC, try using ICE and you can probably make a simple shell with folder capabilities. I think beckadamtheinventor might already doing something similar though...
Yes, I know about BOSShell, but something tells me that project isn't doing good.
I look forward to Doors being finished!
We all do, but it's not going to be finished. I wish at least the source code was available so that we could at least try to do something with it, or if somebody has a copy of Doors CE 9 besides KermMartian.
Multiple people have copies of DCE. They have been asked not to share it for obvious reasons.
Why wouldn't they want to share it? Maybe the calculator community could revive it. Of course, if Kerm doesn't want that to happen, that's fine.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 24 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours