Hey all,

I just uploaded a little program i wrote back in scool.
Since there seem to be no comment function in download section I wanna start this topic so everyone can leave some feedback.
Here is the link to it: Link
Happy to hear from you

Thank you ristein !!!
This seems rather interesting, especially given the fact that it's been done in TI-BASIC. I don't have my calculator with me to test right now; can you explain how exactly it works?
In short words:
I wrote an algorithm that solves sudokus like i do.
It starts with looking at the 3x3-fields and if certain numbers have only one possible box, inserting those.
Followed by looking at rows and columns and also each box alone.
If these do not work it tries solving by inserting any possible number and trying how far it comes by that.
I thought this was quite interesting when I saw it a couple days ago. Did you implement backtracking in the likely event that guessing at random doesn't lead to a valid solution?
sorry, by any possible number i meant every possible number starting from the lowest
Does this work on the TI-84 PLUS CE?

Also, the link says access restricted access
just try it.
don't know what you mean.
Rohanmodi: no, this won't display properly on a CE since it's designed for a monochrome calculator.

Ristein: your download link is broken. You're using the old cemete.ch short link. Use ceme.tech instead, everything is the same format just with the dot in a different place.
thanks a lot.
the link was working fine for me, i changed it anyways.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours