Hey guys, I am writing a program that simulates the home screen, but intentionally gives incorrect answers, as a prank to my friends. However, when you do a calculation on the real home screen, it is followed by mini dots, smaller than the period button on the calculator. Any suggestions as to how to get them?
Try using different things to see what you think blends well. Try the minus sign, the negative sign, and some things in the catalog. I remember doing this once, but I don't remember what I used.
jcgter777 wrote:
Try using different things to see what you think blends well. Try the minus sign, the negative sign, and some things in the catalog. I remember doing this once, but I don't remember what I used.

Found the button thank you.

Edit: The spacing between characters is too wide. How do I smallen the spaces between charcaters?
You can't really make the spaces smaller. Put a screenshot up, and we'll see if it looks convincing enough. Razz
jcgter777 wrote:
You can't really make the spaces smaller. Put a screenshot up, and we'll see if it looks convincing enough. Razz

https://imgur.com/1WsMVyo
Just fyi, you can use [​i​mg​​​]Image link (direct link)[​/​i​mg​​] so you can embed it right onto the page.

I think it looks pretty legit. Try asking a friend that has a CE, that you don't want to prank.
Now if only this was in assembly and one could not simply press [ON]...

I might just make an ICE program that does this.
LAX18 wrote:
Now if only this was in assembly and one could not simply press [ON]...

I might just make an ICE program that does this.

LAX, I discover a program that is written in pure TI BASIC, and it stops the on break.
I know about onblock, but I think a simple ASM program is better than using another program, in addition to the original, to accomplish the same result.
Onblock is screwy. Maybe someone used a hex code to disable it in that "pure basic" program. Who knows?

Using ICE will make it a bit more complicated, but not that bad. But the same tokens you can use in ICE you can use in Basic.
Ok rohanmodi you arrive to do the thing but you should better do positive programs with your calculator, mathematical things, physical analyses, gravitation, speed equations...

Friends are very precious in life.

Your friends desserve good things. Do the best you can do for them, not jokes...

Be serious at schhool, be serious with your friends, use your energy to build positive projects, show what serious guy you can be, build your life, your parents will be proud.
Dear Friend wrote:
Ok rohanmodi you arrive to do the thing but you should better do positive programs with your calculator, mathematical things, physical analyses, gravitation, speed equations...

Friends are very precious in life.

Your friends desserve good things. Do the best you can do for them, not jokes...

Be serious at schhool, be serious with your friends, use your energy to build positive projects, show what serious guy you can be, build your life, your parents will be proud.

Umm ok? I do not see the issue with a harmless 30 second prank, but you're welcome to think otherwise. Also I am doing just fine in my school, so I do not need your advice thank you.
I show you the moon and you watch my finger.
I, for one, am a fan of this idea, but I have some suggestions. could you make it so for simple problems like addition, subtraction, small multiplication and division, it gives the right answer, but when you put in a very complicated problem it gives the wrong answer, but something that will look believeable. So if the answer is supposed to be, say, 72.142812323 it wouldn't output 50 because that would probably be too obvious.
Botboy3000 wrote:
I, for one, am a fan of this idea, but I have some suggestions. could you make it so for simple problems like addition, subtraction, small multiplication and division, it gives the right answer, but when you put in a very complicated problem it gives the wrong answer, but something that will look believeable. So if the answer is supposed to be, say, 72.142812323 it wouldn't output 50 because that would probably be too obvious.

That's a great idea, and I'll be sure to work on that. If you have any code to make it easier, be sure to post it.
Make pi be equal to 3.1459265359.
Nobody will ever notice the missing 1.
One of my first programs was very similar to this, here's what I did to make it good:

I had a thing where it would disable trolling if you wrapped it all in parenthesis ("oh, but it works for me" thing)
I only modified square roots, trig functions on non-trivial inputs (ex. cos(0) is still 1), logarithms, and division, because most people don't walk around with tables to verify their results. It wasn't perfect (cos(1-1) wouldn't return 1 because this is tibasic), but it worked well in theory.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours