» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
It will take a while. Please read the thread. It tells you what you need.
jcgter777 wrote:
I just love how people are just exposing themselves illegally procuring ROMs. Evil or Very Mad

It's a free country, but soon to be a ROM free country. Unfortunately, not everyone can legally get ROMs from cartridges.
How is the project going?? Any new Ideas?
Check GitHub. Read the thread. Find out yourself.
Alvajoy123 wrote:
How is the project going??

It's finished and work perfectly on most games
So I was playing Pokemon Gold on my calculator and it was Monday. Why is Monday important you ask? Because there is a calendar cycle for rewards based on the days of the week. Checking the Pokegear clock, the game said it was Sunday. This struck as odd because it was a day off. I turned off the calculator to do some homework and turned it back on in a few minutes. Now, the Pokegear said that it was Wednesday! What happened? Can anyone explain this time problem?
Calculator clock probleemo
DanielSquad wrote:
So I was playing Pokemon Gold on my calculator and it was Monday. Why is Monday important you ask? Because there is a calendar cycle for rewards based on the days of the week. Checking the Pokegear clock, the game said it was Sunday. This struck as odd because it was a day off. I turned off the calculator to do some homework and turned it back on in a few minutes. Now, the Pokegear said that it was Wednesday! What happened? Can anyone explain this time problem?

Change the calculator time (from the MODE menu). Then GarbageCollect. That should fix it. I had problems with that too. I don't remember if that works exactly like that and if it doesn't work, go to TI-Boy CE's menu screen and change the time zone option (under emulator control?), then Garbage Collect. Experiment. Smile
tytoo wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:

I would not say finished per say, but there is a nice release out and all major bugs have been ironed out AFAIK.
LAX18 wrote:
tytoo wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:

I would not say finished per say, but there is a nice release out and all major bugs have been ironed out AFAIK.

I wouldn't necessarily say all major bugs are ironed out, but I suppose there are fewer reported bugs than I would have expected, so that's nice.

In general, my to-do list is the stuff at https://github.com/calc84maniac/tiboyce/issues, and for now the accuracy and performance labels will be focused on before any new capabilities.

Though currently, I'm working on something not listed there, which is relocating the ROM list to the same menu system as everything else. And in the process, I'm laying groundwork for making some of the other UI enhancement issues easier to accomplish.

Edit: I think after I'm satisfied with the menu changes, it should probably be around time for a new minor release, since there are some minor accuracy and performance improvements that haven't been released yet.
Calcuon wrote:

Change the calculator time (from the MODE menu). Then GarbageCollect. That should fix it. I had problems with that too. I don't remember if that works exactly like that and if it doesn't work, go to TI-Boy CE's menu screen and change the time zone option (under emulator control?), then Garbage Collect. Experiment. Smile

Ok. That makes sense. All this trouble came after I garbage collected to sort out the save files. Perhaps there may be a future update where garbage collecting won't affect these time factors.
Will there ever be a Garbage Collect button so we can activate it when we want instead of waiting when it feels like alerting us?

EDIT: I can do it by selecting it from the catalog. But convenience would be nice though.
I've made another release of TI-Boy CE, which mainly has UI improvements and bug fixes. In addition to a restructured ROM list and save state hotkeys, there are various compatibility and performance improvements.

Check it out here: https://calc84maniac.github.io/tiboyce/releases/2019/02/16/alpha-v0-1-2-released.html
Thanks! I was scared for a bit that the project was dead! Thanks for the continued work on it! Laughing
Me too
One thing I've been noticing lately:

There's this piece of software called "Makebook" that I'm using to convert a few Project Gutenberg books to .gb format, so I can put them on my CE (because, honestly, it's my best color alternative to this solution for monochrome calculators).

However, scrolling through the converted e-books by line (not by page, chapter, or book) seems to show some sort of screen-tearing, i.e. first the left side scrolls, then the right. I also experience that with some of the pre-compiled e-books found here (don't worry, these stories are copyright-free, and these ROMs are free and legal to download).

I think this might just be a CE issue, but can you take a look at this?
Not meaning to be annoying, but is Game Boy Color support still a possibility after you sort out the game boy issues? I expect it would take a long time to implement such a thing, so are you even still considering it?
Pighit, I think that possibly the reason why GBC and GBA are not really being considered is not only the time and effort required to implement and debug them, but also they might be bordering on the capabilities of the CE itself, at which point all emulators break down.
I have seen that some GameBoy games that support the SGB pallets do get colors, but I've only seen some games that I know for a fact support them have them implemented. Smile
Pighit wrote:
Not meaning to be annoying, but is Game Boy Color support still a possibility after you sort out the game boy issues? I expect it would take a long time to implement such a thing, so are you even still considering it?

It's definitely still on the table, though as I've stated before, I want to get the original Game Boy emulation as polished as I can before trying to graft more functionality onto it. I'm currently working on performance and accuracy improvements; it's slow-going but it is what it is. I consider this essential to set the stage for GBC support because the GBC's processor can run twice as fast as the original GB.

RogerWilco wrote:
I have seen that some GameBoy games that support the SGB pallets do get colors, but I've only seen some games that I know for a fact support them have them implemented. Smile

Actually, those are the palettes selected when the game is inserted into a GBC (though of course, only a certain subset of games are in the GBC's internal database).

Super Game Boy palettes are a bit more sophisticated, since they can be changed by the game while it's running and use different palettes in different areas of the screen. At some point I think it would be nice if I added a limited subset of SGB features.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours