The Ti-Boy SE IS the emulator for your pokemon game. And yes, it's for the non-silver edition, which is the monochrome one you're using. As for the file, the size is fine. Compress the file and convert the file to make it transferable to your calculator. When sending the file, it should automatically go to the archive. I assume Mirage OS is unnecessary but don't quote me on that.
jcgter777 wrote:
Hehe ROM downloading? Ooooh

There's a converter to make the GB rom into appvars readable by the calc. It's smaller. The music's gone, which is one reason.
Pokemon Red's rom is quite tiny. Only a few hundred KB. I don't know how you got the 1.72 MB from.
It's not hard to download apps, just do as DanielSquad said.
You need the emulator to run the rom files, and it doesn't matter whether it's in Archive or RAM, just that there's no space for more than maybe 2 rom appvars.
If you're talking about TI-Boy CE, I know for a fact that there's a readme that tells you everything you need. If it's for the SE, there probably is one as well. Please consult that before asking any more questions.

I have the non silver edition... But all the ROMs I can find are around 350 kb, once I convert them with the gameboy emulator it's 1.72 MB... I think that's weird... I tried other games, but non of them work. btw this is the emulator I try using: https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/419/41990.html
any suggestions?
This is the website to convert those ROMs https://calc84maniac.github.io/tiboyce/converter/.
It's basically the site jcgter 777 told you to use. Just convert and download and send using Ti-Connect.
He's apparently using the 84+, so that won't really help. I think he also converted the files already. He was just asking about space issues.
jcgter777 wrote:
He's apparently using the 84+, so that won't really help. I think he also converted the files already. He was just asking about space issues.

Exactly, I put a ROM (about 350kB) in the ti-boy converter and then it gets 1.7 MB which is way to much, but I don’t know why... since in the readme file from the gameboy emulator, (from calc84maniac), there is written: pokémon red, bleu and yellow should be no problem... Also if I look on the calculator, i see that I have 23k RAM and 91k archive memory
The .8xk file size is a bit over twice as large as it is on the calculator itself. If I recall, the ROM converter should tell you how big it will be on the calculator.

Like I said on YouTube, the original TI-84+ can generally only hold ROMs up to 256KB in size (this being due to the fact that if you delete all the files on the calculator, there is only 400-something KB of Archive remaining and the next largest ROM size is 512KB). Unfortunately, I believe this rules out the Pokemon games which are simply too large.

I apologize if the readme was misleading, when I was referring to all calculators now being able to run Pokemon I was referring to the newer models that had a reduced amount of RAM (which were not previously supported), I don't think I took Archive storage space into account when making that claim.
calc84maniac wrote:
The .8xk file size is a bit over twice as large as it is on the calculator itself. If I recall, the ROM converter should tell you how big it will be on the calculator.

Like I said on YouTube, the original TI-84+ can generally only hold ROMs up to 256KB in size (this being due to the fact that if you delete all the files on the calculator, there is only 400-something KB of Archive remaining and the next largest ROM size is 512KB). Unfortunately, I believe this rules out the Pokemon games which are simply too large.

I apologize if the readme was misleading, when I was referring to all calculators now being able to run Pokemon I was referring to the newer models that had a reduced amount of RAM (which were not previously supported), I don't think I took Archive storage space into account when making that claim.

so pokémon is just not possible on the ti-84 plus? I also tried other games but non of them work, I think that's a bit strange... And I can still not figure out how it's possible that my ROM's get so big when I put them in the converter... maybe I do something wrong?
calcmaniac, or someone else who knows how it works,
Do I have to put the emulator on the calculator aswel? or just the pokemon file after I converted it with the emulator? and do I need to put the unzipped files in the converter or all the files?
Could you please answer? Thank you!
oMg
Read the readMe, please?

Yes you need the emulator, yes you need your converted files, no pokemon won't work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours