This breaks a lot of old links (like in IRC logs)
Yep, we're aware of that; it's deleted yesterday (May 21st). We're trying to solve this in some way, but I can't tell what the possible solutions are, currently.
PT_ wrote:
Yep, we're aware of that; it's deleted yesterday (May 21st). We're trying to solve this in some way, but I can't tell what the possible solutions are, currently.

Yesterday? What happened, did it expire?
parrotgeek2 wrote:
This breaks a lot of old links (like in IRC logs)

Not only did it break irc, it temporarily brought my site down because I had used the shortened links Razz. I wasn't happy, but I fixed it ASAP...
The domain was managed by a user who's no longer active and apparently let it expire. In the worst case it'll be back when the cooldown period expires and we're able to re-register the domain.
The link for welcoming new users also needs to be fixed. It still uses the old broken link. (Found by SM84CE)
We're happy to announce that http://cemete.ch is back! All your links will work again Smile

Thanks swivelgames!
Does that mean that Ceme.tech is gone?! I already wrote that in like 3 yearbooks...! Razz (not to mention my math teachers whiteboard...)
SM84CE wrote:
Does that mean that Ceme.tech is gone?! I already wrote that in like 3 yearbooks...! Razz (not to mention my math teachers whiteboard...)

It seems like it is working to me.
Don't worry! It's here to stay because I've registered it for 10 years; both shorteners will continue to operate side-by-side. Smile
↑So we all know cemete.ch is down again, but there doesn't seem to be much support for bringing it back. I would like to request that it gets fixed again mainly because a lot of my, and others, programs now have crash detection and use the shortened cemete.ch link to direct people to the topic to report the crash in.
I've also used that shortened link in a few of my video descriptions, which I'll fix, but I'm sure there are lots of others that have shared that short link and wont know to change it. I'll bet somewhere I've used the link but I have since forgotten where and therefor can't change it.
Additionally, there are many posts on other forums and on Cemetech itself that use the cemete.ch short link, you risk the chance of having potential users redirected to a crappy/scammy site.
You can easily fix the links by moving the period two letters left. It will still direct to the same page. AFAIK, at least.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
↑So we all know cemete.ch is down again, but there doesn't seem to be much support for bringing it back.
We knew it was going to have downtime, and it'll be back soon. There's plenty of support for bringing it back; we're just waiting on the one person who is (not me and) unfortunately the chokepoint with getting it back up again.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours