If you thought my last esolang idea was bad, wait until you see this one...

Languish is an (admittedly derivative) esoteric programming language in which there are 8 commands: E, T, A, O, I, N, S, and H. These commands can be mixed together with any non-command characters, so you can embed Languish programs into arbitrary text (if you're talented!).

The home page for Languish is right here (still under construction), and it includes a download link for the Python interpreter, as well as a comprehensive tutorial. Examples of code are to come!

And actually, this is where you all come in. If any of you can write a program in this language that shows off a feature well, or implements a common programming example (like 99 Bottles), I will include it on the website, and in the interpreter's .zip file (once I have compiled enough).

I could write them all myself (and I probably might), but I have a deadline of October 21, 2018 to have my site finished for my web development class, so any help filling it with content would be appreciated!
Very original idea.
Dear Friend wrote:
Very original idea.

I hope this is sarcastic Razz
Why sarcastic ? i dont understand...

Your approach is original, the possibility to make new instruction just with agregate of previous token is something i have never see.

At first i was thinking about Forth langage where you build your vocabulary and manipulate a stack but your idea is different, so imho it's original.
Dear Friend wrote:
Why sarcastic ? i dont understand...

Your approach is original, the possibility to make new instruction just with agregate of previous token is something i have never see.

At first i was thinking about Forth langage where you build your vocabulary and manipulate a stack but your idea is different, so imho it's original.

This idea is literally a derivative of another esolang called ETA (but a few of the letters changed meaning, and one was eliminated entirely).

Anyways, would you be able to make some sort of demonstration or example in Languish?
Ah ok, i didnt know ETA, i am a newbie on this forum. I understand why you thought i was sarcastic.

I am not a sarcastic man, i am a positive guy and when i congratulate a project or an idea it's because i really think it.

Actually i am already involved in personnal projects wich dont let me enough time to take more project in charge, it wouldnt be reasonnable.

But i am interested in what you do JWinslow23, i saw you have already done a lot of very interesting things so i pay attention to your initiative.

Cemetech is a remarkable website for original starting projects, i really like this.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours