Should ~shrug be a factoid?
Yes!
 100%  [ 9 ]
No.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

I've asked this a few times on SAX, but it has not been done yet. I, along with several others, would like a factoid

Code:
~shrug

to output

Code:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a seriously needed factoid and our experience with SAX can only be improved by adding it!
Laughing
There is a method wich is not easy to operate but wich can give you really good result particulary in this kind of things.
It consist in having on your computer a permanent resident program wich analyse what you type on keybord.
Such a program could replace a very particular string with another one BEFORE you press Enter
This method is very critisized because
1:it's hard to do
2:the user have sometime the feeling to lose control of the computer
(so the first thing to do in resident program is to be able to switch off the resident program by a keyword for example)
3:it's used by hackers to spy computers
But it can be used for good things...for example there are resident programs wich can read text when you put the mouse on it (very usefull for blind peoples)
P.S.:You can also do it with a mouse and everything else
You never asked me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Anyway, it's added now! Smile
Dear Friend wrote:
There is a method wich is not easy to operate but wich can give you really good result particulary in this kind of things.
It consist in having on your computer a permanent resident program wich analyse what you type on keybord.
Such a program could replace a very particular string with another one BEFORE you press Enter
This method is very critisized because
1:it's hard to do
2:the user have sometime the feeling to lose control of the computer
(so the first thing to do in resident program is to be able to switch off the resident program by a keyword for example)
3:it's used by hackers to spy computers
But it can be used for good things...for example there are resident programs wich can read text when you put the mouse on it (very usefull for blind peoples)
P.S.:You can also do it with a mouse and everything else

This is really overcomplicated, seeing as it could be done by a simple chrome extension with nothing more than an event listener.

The OS my laptop is using (macOS) lets you do it in System Preferences. (Keyboard => Text => +)

Anyways, I'm glad this factoid was added, it'll probably see some use from me Smile

Edit: Discord doesn't like it very much:
~shrug ~shrug ~shrug
Ok i try manually :
_-_O_-_
Not so bad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours