I have an ti-84 plus calculator but it onlh have 24k of storage and i can only install 1 game at time is there any way to have much games in my ti-84+???
There is a program that expands the RAM usage. Just search around for it on here or ask MateoConLechuga at your own risk.
LAX18 wrote:
There is a program that expands the RAM usage. Just search around for it on here or ask MateoConLechuga at your own risk.
but there is any risk?
Personally, I'm wondering why 24KB of RAM is much of a limiting factor here, as most games are way tinier than this. However, one way to be able to get more games on your calculator is to take advantage of the much larger Archive memory. If you obtain Doors CS 7 through this page, you can use it to run games that you have stored in the Archive memory, as well as having many other benefits to game-makers and game-players.

Please respond if you have any follow-up questions, and welcome to Cemetech!
Not that I know of.
I actually was implying that asking Mateo was a risk...
JWinslow23 wrote:
Personally, I'm wondering why 24KB of RAM is much of a limiting factor here, as most games are way tinier than this. However, one way to be able to get more games on your calculator is to take advantage of the much larger Archive memory. If you obtain Doors CS 7 through this page, you can use it to run games that you have stored in the Archive memory, as well as having many other benefits to game-makers and game-players.

i dont know how to use the program and i only have 9k of arc so that doesnt changd to much thing
KiKiOji wrote:
JWinslow23 wrote:

i dont know how to use the program and i only have 9k of arc so that doesnt changd to much thing

The first thing I would do is delete any non-essential applications or programs that might have come pre-installed (and it sounds like you have a lot of them).

What game do you have that takes up so much RAM?
JWinslow23 wrote:
KiKiOji wrote:
JWinslow23 wrote:

The first thing I would do is delete any non-essential applications or programs that might have come pre-installed (and it sounds like you have a lot of them).

What game do you have that takes up so much RAM?
i already clean everything up but now how i install games in arc and run them with doors cs 7 and im getting error:variable when trying to put installed apps on ram to delete them like mirage os prob sim etc tha apps that already come with the calc
The apps do not need to be in RAM to delete them. Just move over them in the Mem Screen and press the [DEL] key, then press yes.
ItsJustSomeDude wrote:
The apps do not need to be in RAM to delete them. Just move over them in the Mem Screen and press the [DEL] key, then press yes.
ty but how i install games in arc to run with door cs 7 .-.
If you're on-calc: Go to the memory management menu, then move your cursor over the program you want to archive, then press [enter]. If a variable has a * next to it, that means it's in the archive. If it doesn't that means it's in the RAM.

If you're sending a new program: When you're sending the file through TI Connect CE, when you're at the step where you've selected the file to send and the 'send' button is present, first click on where it says RAM, then select Archive instead. Now click 'send' to send it to the Archive memory.

Once you have Doors installed, you can simply run the Archived programs like you would unArchived programs. I suggest you look up a tutorial if you're still experiencing issues. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
If you're on-calc: Go to the memory management menu, then move your cursor over the program you want to archive, then press [enter]. If a variable has a * next to it, that means it's in the archive. If it doesn't that means it's in the RAM.

If you're sending a new program: When you're sending the file through TI Connect CE, when you're at the step where you've selected the file to send and the 'send' button is present, first click on where it says RAM, then select Archive instead. Now click 'send' to send it to the Archive memory.

Once you have Doors installed, you can simply run the Archived programs like you would unArchived programs. I suggest you look up a tutorial if you're still experiencing issues. Smile
but where i download games that ti connect ce accept to send to my calc ? Send me a site idk
https://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/asm/games/
https://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/flash/games/
https://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/games/
JWinslow23 wrote:

ok its too hard use this programs so im not going to play games on my calc because im an idiot who cant install simple programs Sad
You are not an idiot, you have a ti-84plus... It's a very good calculator.
You are just a beginer, every body start as beginer in everything.
Take your time to learn basis operations, consult beginers website on TI-84plus and you will find all the solutions. And you will be proud of yourself to find the solutions. Like a fire tiger in the sky...
Dear Friend wrote:
You are not an idiot, you have a ti-84plus... It's a very good calculator.
You are just a beginer, every body start as beginer in everything.
Take your time to learn basis operations, consult beginers website on TI-84plus and you will find all the solutions. And you will be proud of yourself to find the solutions. Like a fire tiger in the sky...

Im not english thats the problem i cant undertsnad everything you guys say why dont people make an os like mirage os but that can read archived files ?? Mirage os its more simple doors cs its hard :/
I am not english too KiKiOji !
Language must not be a stop to your knowledge or your hability to do things.
Personnally, i often do things i dont understand, and everything is fine.
It's just an habitude to take.
Off topic, but what language do you guys normally use?

Kikioji, you don't really need to use doors every time you want to run a program. Once you run it the first time,you can use the regular program menu to run the programs. When you do use doors, use it like you would if it were a laptop computer. Use the Arrow keys to move the mouse. Then use the [2nd] to click and use something.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Off topic, but what language do you guys normally use?

Kikioji, you don't really need to use doors every time you want to run a program. Once you run it the first time,you can use the regular program menu to run the programs. When you do use doors, use it like you would if it were a laptop computer. Use the Arrow keys to move the mouse. Then use the [2nd] to click and use something.
offtopic i use portuguese

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours