I decided to get some games on my calulcator today.
Big Mistake
When I went to the catalog i saw I have a blue line over Asm84CEPrgm. What does this mean????

I have a Ti-84 Plus CE
The blue line just means you can't write your own assembly programs on-calc, but you can still run assembly programs.

See post below for more info about OS 5.3.1 that had that stupid update.
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14609&highlight=

EDIT: kJust noticed that OS 5.3.1 was released in March. That was like 6 months ago. We calculator people have asked them to change, but nothing yet. We'll have to wait and see. Confused
It means you cannot paste that command from the catalog. With the new OS that TI released, they did this to prevent people from writing their own assembly codes directly on-calc so as to counteract cheating or even damage to your calculator. It is only an inconvenience, though, since it simply can't be pasted, instead of being completely disabled.

But don't worry, you can still play assembly games. This new OS does nothing to hinder any of that. Assembly is still completely functional on your calculator, so go head and try out some of your favorite games!

There is a whole big thread that goes into OS 5.3.1 and this issue in more detail. You can check it out here if you're interested:
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14609&highlight

Hope this helps!
In short, you got suckered by TI; the line has nothing to do with getting games. Reading the topic linked by jcgter and Michael will give you all the information you need.
I really encourage you to contact TI via email (easiest option), phone call, or even a letter expressing your concern. Perhaps TI will remove the absurd block in the future, but it wont happen without your feedback. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours