I need to make a 26x26 matrix, but I keep getting an insufficient memory error. My TI-84 Plus CE has 148783 of free RAM and 2109K of free ARC. The largest matrix it will accept is 20x20. My TI-SmartView emulator won't make a matrix larger than 20x20 either. TI advertises that the calculator can store up to 10-50x50 matrices [Source: https://education.ti.com/en/us/products/calculators/graphing-calculators/ti-84-plus-ce/tabs/specifications ]
What am I doing wrong?

I have attempted to make the matrix with the following commands:

{26,26}->dim([A])

identity(26)

Thanks for your help.
The largest matrix size is now limited to 400 total elements, in order to prevent operations taking too long to complete. The information on TI's website is incorrect; and was simply a copy and paste error from earlier versions. Hope this helps! Smile
The 400 element limit is kind of odd, because you can do useful operations on a 400-element matrix on older models. They're generally slow, but you CAN do it. Personally, I would have set the limit at like a thousand, or at least SOME value above the largest matrix a TI-83 Plus can have.
Well that is disappointing. Thanks for the quick replies.
Can I ask you just if it's possible to have equations inside the matrices? I would like to use it for Hermite Polinomials keeping a variable outside, changing it and getting the result right but I don't know if it's possible
No, you may not ask Razz

Anyways, if you want to use equations, you are best off getting the spread sheet app, Cellsheet. It allows equations and you could use it as a matrix if you wished to. Matrix's themself cannot support equations to the best of my knowledge.

Also, perhaps you can make a new topic for this kind of question next time.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours