Unfortunately, with this coming school year, my time is going to be constrained a lot and this means that I will have precious little free time.

This means that my time on Cemetech will be serverely constrained to the point that I might not be able to hang out on IRC, which sucks.
I will try my hardest to make time to write the 2018 PotY, though

I really love this community and I shudder to think what my life would be without it. I don't have a study hall this year, (only a half-hour lunch period, a far cry from the nearly two hours per day at my disposal last year)

I'll try to come back to this site when I can, like winter break, etc.

In the meantime, enjoy this JavaScript snippet I wrote. Like many things, I had a fundamental understanding of JavaScript before Cemetech. The hardest thing I had made was some form of weird rainbow text thing. It still exists somewhere, and it was completely rewritten into this and eventually this. Because of motivation provided by Cemetech, JavaScript is now something I am relatively competent at. That's only partially an understatement. I'm still amazed by some of the things people have done. Maybe, with more free time, I can be like them. This snippet is not golfed all the way (it can be made smaller by pre-evaluating the .map loop, in fact) but it has a certain coolness factor and elegance.

Code:
d=document,c=d.createElement('canvas'),a=c.getContext('2d');
d.body.appendChild(c),p=Math.PI,q=p/4,m=['fill',l='lineTo',l,f='arc',f,'scale'],c.width=c.height=300,a.fillStyle='red',['55',[20,20,10,3*q,0],[40,20,10,p,q],[30,44],[13,27],[]].map(x=>a[m.pop()](...x))

Goodbye for now,
_iPhoenix_
I've never signed off a post before, this feels weird x.x
*ignores entire post because we all know you’ll be on IRC anyways*

But seriously, you are such a great community member! I wish you luck in your studies, but be sure to keep on coding Wink
Its a shame about you leaving...

I think I speak for the rest of the community when I say that your insight on JS, Assembly, and HTML (among many others) will be greatly missed.

As Michael has said, I wish you the best of luck in your studies and look forward to your return to the community!
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

Hope school goes well for you, I look forward to seeing you again!
I'm looking forward to the topics you'll post about the projects you've been working on for school when you return Smile
I'm sad to see you commit to staying away during the school year. Be sure to come hang out during weekends! I'll also miss hearing about the strangest esolangs you've engineered.
Good luck for your studies _iPhoenix_, they are the most importants fundation for your life.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours