So when I was trying to install games a while ago, on my first attempt, I think I overwrote the software.

The calculator has a completely different layout and does not do calculations anymore. I tried to restore the software, but when I plugged it in, the TI Connect wouldn't detect my calculator. If I'm not wrong, the software I installed was KnightOS. I'm very confused as to what to do.

Kinda sad but mostly confused,
WimblyBoy
Yeah, you just replaced the default OS with a custom one. It's not irreversible though, look through the files you downloaded, there are instructions on how to get the regular OS back onto your calculator.

EDIT: For future installs, don't install OSes. Only programs and apps. Wink
You may have some issues with OS reinstall. GarbageCollects may freeze. I dealt with that issue. For that, you have a corrupted archive.

To reinstall OS:
Remove a battery, reibsert it, and press [Del] to reinstall the OS. You can now send it an OS from a PC.

Further Issues:

Try pressing [On] + [Clear] to uncorrupt the archive. This fixed my calc after I installed KnightOS and reinstalled TIOS.

You can find other key presses here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours