» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nice work calc84, hopefully these fixes can address the bulk of peoples issues. I thankfully haven't had too many but will report if i do Smile.
jcgter777 wrote:
Delete some of your other games, images and stuff that take up space. I can fit Yellow, Blue and Red all at once right now. And, I've beaten all three Wink. I do indeed hate crashes, but I get used to saving often now.

Use TI-Connect CE to list files by size, to find bigger files, by name, to find files easier, and by type, to find specific types of files.

I only have Pokemon Yellow as a game (no problem there), so memory-wise, I should be fine. The new update should eliminate most of the soft crashes that occasionally appear. And how in the world did you beat Red, Blue, and Yellow?! I only beated Yellow today! By the way, how do you intend to catch all 151 pokemon in all three games Razz ?
Hacks Wink

I have all 151 in all 3, and beat all three, so I then stored those saves on my computer, and am in the process of beating them again Razz.

Hint: Use the Mew, Ditto and Missingno glitches. Makes it easy peasy.

This topic is about TI-Boy, not pokemon, so this is enough.

I tried my broken pokemon blue again, and it still is broken, just the error's changed, presumably because the code's changed. I am confused though, how if turbo skips all the waits/pauses in the code, it's still the same speed or slower.
jcgter777 wrote:
I tried my broken pokemon blue again, and it still is broken, just the error's changed, presumably because the code's changed.

What's broken? Can you reproduce the issue on CEmu? Could you post a savegame or savestate with reproducible instructions for how to trigger the error?

EDIT: The execution error is because of a corrutped savegame, so not TI-Boy's fault. But TI-Boy breaks in a different way than bgb, so it seems there is still a bug in TI-Boy. Issue on Github.

jcgter777 wrote:
I am confused though, how if turbo skips all the waits/pauses in the code, it's still the same speed or slower.

In my experience, turbo makes Pokemon Red/Blue run much faster. Are you sure it's being activated properly? Check that the turbo key in control options and the turbo mode in emulation options are what you expect. If those seem correct, could you set the speed display in graphics options to "turbo," verify that the speed display appears when you turbo, and report what the displayed speed is?

EDIT: This was observed in Pokemon Yellow. This is simply because Pokemon Yellow costs enough to emulate that there's usually very little waiting time to skip through.
I just uploaded the web version of a feature planned for the next TI-Boy CE release, which is a converter between save file formats for TI-Boy and standard Game Boy emulators.

It's still experimental, but if you want to try it out, it's available here:https://calc84maniac.github.io/tiboyce/saveconverter/

(Note that this is just for actual game cartridge saves, save states are so emulator-specific that it would be pointless to try to convert between those for any emulators.)
If I delete the rom files on my calc but keep my save, if I were to redownload the rom would the save still work?
xMarminq_ wrote:
If I delete the rom files on my calc but keep my save, if I were to redownload the rom would the save still work?
Probably.
mets11rap wrote:
xMarminq_ wrote:
Probably.

Not just probably. Definitely. Just make sure to convert the ROM with the same name each time. (It may be possible instead to change the name of the save appvar to match the name of the converted ROM)
Sick! Thanks guys Razz
Unrelated but is it possible to fit the entire LOZ: Oracle of Ages on my CE? It says I have 670kb space left but won't allow me to transfer anymore appvars. What is going on here exactly? (It's 41 appvars)
I'm not sure why you can't transfer it, but it's a Game Boy Color game anyway, so it's not compatible with the emulator.
Link's Awakening DX worked...
That shouldn't work either. Are you sure it wasn't the normal Link's Awakening that worked?

Link's Awakening DX is really a Game Boy game that can detect if it's run on a Game Boy Color and add extra stuff. Oracle of Ages/Seasons is really a Game Boy Color game, though, with no capability to be played on a normal Game Boy.
But that doesnt answer my space issue..
Your space issue is caused by having too many files on your calc. Please delete some to free up some space and then the appvars should transmit.
When will GBC be supported?
xMarminq_ wrote:
When will GBC be supported?

Around the time Doors 9 is released. I'm pretty sure most GBC games would be too slow to be playable anyways. I tried a compatible GBC game once, and it ran at less than 50% speed most of the time (even with turbo mode). It was not a fun experience.
I think they're so slow because GB games have a lot of stuff going on in the background that we don't see, with GBC, there's a lot more stuff going on in the background and the calculator cant handle it.
Not for a long time, if ever. The Game Boy Color stretches multiple technical boundaries, and if any one of them turns out to be a serious problem, support (at reasonable speeds) would be impossible.
What was the Zelda where there is a cutscene where Link is riding a horse? And is it possoble to emulate it on here?
Do you mean Majora's Mask? At the beginning of the game there's a cutscene where link rides in on epona. It's for the nintendo 64. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say no, it's not possible.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours