Thought I might as well get word out about this game I've been working on for a while that's now complete. It's called RPG Game (clever name, I know) and it's...pretty generic. It IS my first game on here, though.

However, that doesn't mean I want light critique if anyone here decides to try it out. Tell me you honest opinions and enjoy!

The game: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pce/basic/games/RPGGame.zip
This is a cool idea, and nice job for your first program! However I would like a bit of help, I can't seem to get past the enemy attack screen. Every time the enemy attacks, the program always quits. Any suggestions?

Also, I recommend putting an "Exit" button on the Load, New, and Clear Data menu.
I think this was a bug that [PixelPerfect] fixed in the latest update made to the archives. Perhaps redownloading / reinstalling will solve the problem (assuming the update was verified and accepted).
Michael2_3B wrote:
This is a cool idea, and nice job for your first program! However I would like a bit of help, I can't seem to get past the enemy attack screen. Every time the enemy attacks, the program always quits. Any suggestions?

Also, I recommend putting an "Exit" button on the Load, New, and Clear Data menu.

As LAX stated above, I did fix this bug and the update is out, so the game should work as it was intended, now. As for the "Exit" button, I didn't think I needed to add that because the "On" key essential does the same thing when in a program. However, if this becomes a thing more people want, I'll consider updating the game to have it. Sorry if that's an inconvenience.
[PixelPerfect] wrote:
Michael2_3B wrote:

As LAX stated above, I did fix this bug and the update is out, so the game should work as it was intended, now. As for the "Exit" button, I didn't think I needed to add that because the "On" key essential does the same thing when in a program. However, if this becomes a thing more people want, I'll consider updating the game to have it. Sorry if that's an inconvenience.

Many programs have an exit button, because if you wanted to archive save lists on exit, pressing ON won't allow that, or deleting variables that the program used, So I highly suggest adding in an exit feature.
Okay, I sent out an update to the game that should show up later. It fixes some saving issues. To ease some confusion, I'll explain how the new saving system works.

There are two types of saves: hardsave, which is the main save, and softsave. The game automatically hardsaves every level, which means that the save file is archived, so there's no need for a specific exit button. The softsave function makes a temporary unarchived save, which is created via the "Sleep" command on the "Action" menu. This allows the game to be easily paused in the middle of a fight, and can be resumed by loading the game after you softsave.

I hope this explanation made sense!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours