mets11rap wrote:
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Beware when you use Sub(Str1,3,0) your calc will crash

Yes, because that's what's supposed to happen (pretty much)

That's not supposed to happen. The substring implementation should be able to handle a length of 0.
beckadamtheinventor wrote:

Code:

For(X,BEGIN,END
//code
End

works, but

Code:

For(X,BEGIN,END,INCREMENT
//code
End

Does not work.

My exact code:

Code:

For(B,10,TMSTART-1,N
TILEXY->*{FILEPTR+B
TILEXY->*{FILEPTR+B+1
End

And yes I know that TMSTART does not overflow the bounds of the file, which is in RAM at the time of writing, and the 'For' loop is not embedded in any other loop.

I managed to fix the issue with this,

Code:

10->B
Repeat B>=TMSTART
TILEXY->*{FILEPTR+B
TILEXY->*{FILEPTR+B+1
B+N->B
End

and although this issue is regarding a low-level command, it does have a fix, so no pressure to fix the loop increment at this time.

I have now realised that this problem happens mainly when working with pointers, and the For variable is used as part of the pointer.

Code:

For(I,0,3
0->*{PTR+I
End

This code does not work. When storing to a pointer, it may cause a crash.
I am still having issues with labels and ICE not recognizing thag they exsist (When the obviously do). This seems to be an issue only I have. I am using the latest C toolchain and C libs and have built ICE from the repo. I know that PT_ is aware, but I am posting this so any one else who may have this issue knows they are not the only one. For example, this code will not compile (for me)

Code:

[i]TEST
Lbl TOP
Goto TOP

I have tried an OS reinstall, but to no avail. My next steps are checking to see if my RAM has become corrupted (somehow).

FIXED!

I also have a second bug, with the latest built toolchain. Using DetectAny from the token list returns a 'This C function does not exist' error. The number that DetectAny is [det(26)] is different than it was from my last repo build [det(29)].

FIXED!
The readme file says that we need to send over ICEAPPV.8xp, but the only appvar in the zip folder is called ICEHOOKS.8xv
When a For() loop with an increment doesn't terminate exactly on the END, then the loop just runs forever with no way to stop it. Here is an example of what I mean:

Code:
For(A,1,7,5)
End

It would be nice if ICE had a more graceful way to handle this...
Make sure you have the latest version of Clib
mr womp womp wrote:
The readme file says that we need to send over ICEAPPV.8xp, but the only appvar in the zip folder is called ICEHOOKS.8xv

I am sure you figured this out, but for others with the same issue, the documentation has not been updated so you should transfer ICEHOOKS.8xv
SM84CE wrote:
idk if this has been mentioned, 2.2 still doesn't work with icons/descriptions... anything I try with an icon won't run, or spit random chars. The icon/desc. shows up in Cesium, though...

Just a reminder to the growing list of bugs that come with literally a new programming language...
SM84CE wrote:
idk if this has been mentioned, 2.2 still doesn't work with icons/descriptions... anything I try with an icon won't run, or spit random chars. The icon/desc. shows up in Cesium, though...

This bug was fixed via 368d820. You need to rebuild ICE for it to work.
Ok, I was referring to the archives version, do I need to close the repo in order to build it?
You need to clone the repo with the recursive option enabled (git clone --recursive [url]), the install the C toolchain. Then download SPASM-ng and copy the spasm.exe file to the hooks folder in the ICE repo. Then open the command window to the ICE folder and type make. Then open the hooks folder and double click build.bat.
ICE is not installing hooks for me.
I downloaded ICE from Cemetech today and sent both ICE and ICEHOOKS to my calc.
I ran ICE, then created a new program.
The Trace button adds the Trace token to the program rather than opening the commands menu.
Instead of tooltips on det(, I am getting "EDIT MENU: [alpha][f5]"
Lowercase letters work properly.

I have tried resending both ICE and ICEHOOKS and resetting RAM, but the results are the same.

I am running OS 5.3.0.0037, with ICE v2.2.0.0 (and Cesium 2.3.3, if that is relevant).

The compiler itself still seems to work properly.
commandblockguy wrote:
ICE is not installing hooks for me.
I downloaded ICE from Cemetech today and sent both ICE and ICEHOOKS to my calc.
I ran ICE, then created a new program.
The Trace button adds the Trace token to the program rather than opening the commands menu.
Instead of tooltips on det(, I am getting "EDIT MENU: [alpha][f5]"
Lowercase letters work properly.

I have tried resending both ICE and ICEHOOKS and resetting RAM, but the results are the same.

I am running OS 5.3.0.0037, with ICE v2.2.0.0 (and Cesium 2.3.3, if that is relevant).

The compiler itself still seems to work properly.

This could be due to an outdated version of Cesium (it's up to 3.0 now). I've never seen 3.0 interfere with ICE at all, on my calculator.
I have updated Cesium and it still does not work.
Update: Compiled the latest ICE version myself using the latest toolchain, and that fixed the hook issue. Hopefully this version doesn't cause any other issues.
I had to bug Mateo to fix the compiler for the installer for the compiler so that I could install the compiler to compile and install the compiler for ICE programs so that I can compile ICE programs.

EDIT: Nope, looks like that was only the Trace menu that got fixed. Tooltips still do not display for me. Now however, the top is blank instead of "ALPHA F5" when hovering over a line which should have a tooltip.
commandblockguy wrote:
Update: Compiled the latest ICE version myself using the latest toolchain, and that fixed the hook issue. Hopefully this version doesn't cause any other issues.
I had to bug Mateo to fix the compiler for the installer for the compiler so that I could install the compiler to compile and install the compiler for ICE programs so that I can compile ICE programs.

EDIT: Nope, looks like that was only the Trace menu that got fixed. Tooltips still do not display for me. Now however, the top is blank instead of "ALPHA F5" when hovering over a line which should have a tooltip.

Did you download both ICE and ICEHOOKS, build both, and then tried? They work fine for me.
I only built ICE itself, I'll try building the hooks too later today.
Hi

Whenever I compile a program and select "goto" from the compiler error window, it clears my calculator's RAM. My OS version is 5.3.0, and I am using the latest compiler version (uploaded yesterday).
ruan90 wrote:
Hi

Whenever I compile a program and select "goto" from the compiler error window, it clears my calculator's RAM. My OS version is 5.3.0, and I am using the latest compiler version (uploaded yesterday).

Fixed and uploaded. Thanks! Smile
It appears that appvar syntaxes are broken with the cesium icon included on line 2 of a program.
I don't know if this is a bug or not but..
When you make a label and don't give it a name, ICE will still compile the program.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours