I am having trouble converting my text notes to a calculator program. I hover it over the program but nothing happens. I have a mac so maybe that's the problem but I don't know what else to do.
What program are you using? What calc?
Okay, converting the .txt files from your computer to the program is going to take a bit more work than that. But first, we need some more details. What calculator are you using? What notes program on the calculator are you using?
I am using a TI 84 plus CE and I downloaded a notes program from here
These are the programs I've downloaded and the program works on my calc I am just having trouble getting a .txt file to become a file that can go on my calculator
Text Editor-11/NOTES.8xp
Text Editor-11/TFILES.8xp
tzpmd8902 wrote:
These are the programs I've downloaded and the program works on my calc I am just having trouble getting a .txt file to become a file that can go on my calculator
Text Editor-11/NOTES.8xp
Text Editor-11/TFILES.8xp

Is this the Full-screen one by Mateo?

If so and you are on Windows, do this.
Navigate to the folder that the calculator program is in.
Open the folder 'convert'
In the adress bar (where the directory appears) right click on the folder name, then click on 'copy adress'
Next press these keys: [windows]+[r]
In the window that pops up, type 'cmd' then press enter
In the command window, type 'cd ' and then [ctrl]+[v].
Press enter
Next, copy the text file (.txt) that you would like to convert into the 'convert' folder.
Finally, go back to the command window, and put in this text: 'convtext ' and then the name of the file that you want to convert. (don't forget the '.txt' at the end)
The converted file should be in the 'convert' folder.

EDIT: I just read that you have a mac. Disregard the previous instructions

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours