TheLastMillennial wrote:
Hey welcome to Cemetech!
I only have one bad thing to say...
ItsJustSomeDude wrote:
I downloaded a rom for my calculator because I have no way to dump it.
I have to inform you that what you're doing is not just frowned upon, it is illegal. TI specifically states in their ROM usage agreement that you may only have one copy of your ROM and ROM may not be distributed in any way. Violation of this can result in punishments that really are not worth having a calculator ROM that's not yours. Wink
I would suggest immediately deleting all copies of the ROM you downloaded and instead buy or borrow a link cable so you can legally use jsTIfied. It's not hard nor expensive so just dump your own ROM and don't risk getting into trouble with the law. You can learn more about ROM usage on TI's site here.

Dumping a rom is in no way intuitive, I used rom8x to do it, which is supposedly the easiest way to do it. It requires using command prompt which, is not a high bar to overcome, but you shouldn't have to learn it just to get the rom and use an emulator.
Deoxal1 wrote:
Dumping a rom is in no way intuitive, I used rom8x to do it, which is supposedly the easiest way to do it. It requires using command prompt which, is not a high bar to overcome, but you shouldn't have to learn it to just to get the rom and use an emulator.

rom8x is horribly outdated, and I don't know why people keep using it. Literally all the major emulators and linking software have ways to easily extract rom contents.
I have been using WabbitEmu, which does have this feature, but it glitches out when I try to get a ROM my calculator, and since they stopped working on the project I went with rom8x instead.
Deoxal1 wrote:
It requires using command prompt which, is not a high bar to overcome, but you shouldn't have to learn it just to get the rom and use an emulator.

Learning how to use the command line will end up being very helpful, especially if you plan on doing any programming on PC Wink
Greetings, I am Escher Lochran, an enthusiast of many sorts. I am a programmer, with abilities in C++, minimal understanding of Python, extensive experience in vanilla TI-BASIC, and dabblings in Befunge; to summarize, I am capable of several languages, but not quite proficient in any significant way. However, I am quick to learn and understand programming concepts.
I am an impetuous, obsessive, and awkward person. This personality has brought me to Cemetech for the purpose of programming the Ti-84+CSE, using Z80 Assembly. I am currently learning the Z80 language, and familiarizing myself with my Calculator. I have already installed the Doors Assembly Shell, and have experimented with several programs to get an understanding of compatibility.
I am nowhere near proficient in Z80 however, and have thus joined this forum to round out the inadequacies I encounter with my programming.
Hello Escher, welcome to Cemetech. Everyone here is welcoming and ready to answer any questions you may have. I encourage you to connect to SAX, IRC or Discord to ask simple questions.
I am also learning z80 Asm, but am in no way proficient. However, I know there are other experts in the same languages as you are learning, don't be afraid to ask questions. I hope you have a good stay here.
I guess this is the place to introduce myself, huh. Well, I enjoy good humor, playing video games, and plan on making some of my own (hopefully!). It seems that I'm really starting on my TI-84 Plus CE, so I must as well publish some games I make here so people can enjoy them and give me some good critique. I'm glad a site like this exists, and it seems the community is really nice, so thanks! That's really it, and I'm happy to be on here. Very Happy
Wlecome to cemetech!

I would suggest, as ItsJustSomeDude suggested, you connect to the SAX, Discord, or IRC channels / server (SAX is on the left sidebar) to ask questions!

I would recommend you learn TIBASIC first, as it is the easiest of the four programming languages. I would then recommend ICE, C, then ez80 assembly, in that order, once you feel proficient at TIBASIC. Please note that TIBASIC and ICE are the only *real* oncalc programming languages. ASM (or ez80) can be done oncalc, but it is much easier on computer.

Once again, Welcome to cemetech, [PixelPerfect]!
[PixelPerfect] wrote:
I guess this is the place to introduce myself, huh. Well, I enjoy good humor, playing video games, and plan on making some of my own (hopefully!). It seems that I'm really starting on my TI-84 Plus CE, so I must as well publish some games I make here so people can enjoy them and give me some good critique. I'm glad a site like this exists, and it seems the community is really nice, so thanks! That's really it, and I'm happy to be on here. Very Happy

I thought Luxen was introducing himself because his profile pic looks the same with my bad vision Laughing
Hello internet peoples. I first learned Lua, and had a real shock when I found outt that arrays normally start at 0 when I moved to other languages. I've made some garbage in C++, Javascript, and TI-BASIC. I started learning asm because graphing calcs are the only personal electronic device allowed at my school, and I want to make some games to pass the time. The only issue: can't play games in English or history, it'd look a little odd to pull out a calculator in that class.

Teacher: CJ, what are you doing?
Me: uh... Calculating the dates of the... thing...
Hi everyone! My name is Choistic! It is a pleasure to meet you all! I found this website because I just really wanted to have Pokemon on my graphing calculator. Researching that led me to here, Omnimaga, and TI-Calc! Since then, I have been really enthusiastic about this! I own a TI-84 Plus, TI-84 CSE, and most recently, a TI- 84 Plus CE! The projects that I like the most are TI-BOY, Doors, Cesium, and Oiram. Besides from programming, I was actually able to learn much more about my calculator and even show my teachers how to use it! I just love that I can use jstified to show to my class how to use the graphing calculator(it is SO MUCH MORE easier than putting the calculator on the camera-projector)!
Welcome to Cemetech! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, especially if you embark on a journey to teach yourself some programming.
Hey, it’s my one thousandth post and I thought I’d get around to introducing myself and telling you my Cemetech life story!

I guess I’ll start with how I got into calculator programming. Surprisingly, it started in my English class. I remember getting my calculator for the first time, I knew the thing was programmable, I just had no idea how. I recall thinking “I wish I could know how to program this…”. The third day back to school, I saw someone messing with their TI-84 Plus. After class I asked them what the heck they were doing so they showed me how to make a new program, and where all the commands were! It didn’t take long before we both were just programming our calculators during class rather than listening to the English teacher (that class was stupid easy and we hardly had to pay attention, I can’t really do that now that I’m taking harder classes).

It took me about 5 months before I had created my first game, JPL! I have a thread on the revised game thread here, but the original JPL game was about you playing the roll of an astronaut flying a space ship and you had to avoid asteroids. The game was terribly programmed, it slowed down quickly and would eventually crash due to all the memory leaks. In my quest to figure out how to make my program run faster, I came across TI Basic Developer. Somehow through that site, and my love for playing chess, I found my way to Cemetech and made an account just to poke Mateo for ChessCE. (I think that’s my first post)

Now about my username history; I honestly didn’t really internet until I got my laptop a few years ago so I’ve only had 3 usernames my whole life. I started as ‘Aperture Executive NO. 1’ because I really loved Portal; however, that name is pretty darn long, and most sites and apps wouldn’t accept it. I then switch to ‘Excalibur’ because it sounded cool! I wasn’t completely happy with it though which is why, when I registered for Cemetech, I went with ‘TheLastMillennial’. I’ve stuck with it ever since.

My first project I started was Calculator Space Program (CSP). It was meant to be like Kerbal Space Program but written entirely in BASIC. I had no experience in Physics at all so the project didn’t get very far past the GUI phase. I suppose now that I’ve got a year of physics class behind me and I’m now taking physics with Calculus I could work on it again, but I’ve got other projects, namely HDpic Project, I want to finish first. Also, doing it in BASIC is way too slow, I’m going to have to become more comfortable with ICE and C and rewrite it in that.

So there you go, that’s my introduction and Cemetech life story. I’ve met some great people on this forum, made a few cool things and I’ve learned a lot of cool stuff over the two years I’ve been here; things like what a ‘sprite’ is and useful stuff like “Linux is hard”. I find it amusing when I first calculated how many posts it’d take me to reach 1000, I got a result of 5.8 years! Then last year I recalculated it and I got 2.8; turns out, it was only 2.1 years!

Admins, moderators, and nearly every member registered, thank you for making my experience on this site amazing and I look forward to sticking around for as long as I can!

TLM 1000th post!
My Casio fx-CG50 is giving me answers in terms of pi. How do I change that back and forth? Please help! My SAT is in 10 hours after this message's send time.
No problem, Pi=3.141592654...
Hello, I'm not new to programming, and have developed games for the PC, but I tried programming using TI-Basic and was dissapointed with the speed. I hoped to learn to use machine code, but I can't find a comprehensive list of opcodes, or a good list of calls for the eZ80 version I need (TI-84 Plus CE)
zane49er wrote:
Hello, I'm not new to programming, and have developed games for the PC, but I tried programming using TI-Basic and was dissapointed with the speed. I hoped to learn to use machine code, but I can't find a comprehensive list of opcodes, or a good list of calls for the eZ80 version I need (TI-84 Plus CE)

Welcome to Cemetech!
For calls, you can just use the include file...
There aren't really descriptions, but the names that were given tend to make a lot of sense.
As for the the opcodes, there is always the z80 heaven charts (which is pretty much the same as ez80)
The ez80 heaven pages exist, but they aren't very detailed and are missing a lot so I would suggest the z80 one instead.
Welcome to cemetech zane49er!

Although mr womp womp had some good sources, here are a few others that I use:
UM077 - ez80 Zilog PDF with Opcodes and such
ez80 Opcode List
ez80 Documentation (CE specific)
I don't think I've introduced myself before, so I shall do so now.
I'm jcgter777 (well duh. Real name shall remain partially hidden. You can find it in some places).
I have an 84+CE, an 84+SE, an 83+SE, and an 89T. I program only on the CE. I know some BASIC, some ICE, some C, and no ASM. (I do know the hexcode C7, though Razz)
I also like making websites, even though I may not be great at them. _iPhoenix_ helped a lot with that, so I know some HTML, some JS, and some CSS.
I have also dabbled in Python, making an IRC bot (thanks LAX18), but all the code was simple stuff. No challenges there.
I found Cemetech just googling for TI-84+CE games. I also stumbled upon ticalcs.org, tuplanet.org, and codewalr.us. I still found Cemetech to have the most games, so that's where I stayed. Razz (Although I have accounts in all those sites listed)
I've found this place to be a wonderful community and a very nice place to be. Thanks, Cemetechians!

Please don't cringe...
Hello, my name is SpeedLock and I have been introduced to this website by Rohan Modi. This looks amazing and I am considering buying a TI-84 Plus CE calculator, and this website looks like a great source to use. Anyways, looking forward to use this a lot!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 134 of 148
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours