Hi I'm prof. Bills, and I spent 10 years studying how to utilize calculators to their fullest potential. I have owned and studied them all. My calculator lot consist of 2,000 calculators. After school I have taught classes on how to cheat and utilize calculators to their full potential. I tell everyone that if you teacher gives you a tool, then you should know how to use it! In my very first YouTube video I have provided a brief overview of 1/10 of my collection and what are the calculators that I recommend you should own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fnem9x_NZM

scientific: Casio Super FX Plus

Graphing: TI-84 color

Advanced: HP prime
Well, that's quite a collection. I think you've officially beat Cemetech's own creator, KermMartain, with how many calculators you own.
How'd you not know about this site earlier? You obviously like calculators so I would've thought you'd join long ago.

Personally, I don't think you should make the videos specifically for cheating, it's not really good... etiquette I think is the word.

A few calculators I'd like to see are the

• TI Cal-Tech and the DataMath.
  • Your oldest calculator
  • Your most rare one
  • Your most prized one (you seemed to like quite a few of the ones you showed off in the video)
  • Your least liked one (and why)
  • Your most abundant one. (which calculator type do you have the most of?)
  • All your calculators in one photo.

What do you know programming wise? Any BASIC, C, ASM etc.?

Cool collection, what other kinds of videos do you plan to make?

EDIT: I did some math, and assuming all your calculators are about the size of the TI 84 Plus, that means you have around a whopping 0.8788 cubic yards how do you manage all that?!
Prof. Bills wrote:

Graphing: TI-84 color

Unfortunately that calculator doesn't exist, as brought up by TheLastMillennial on IRC. I'd recommend changing it to "TI-84+ CE" to avoid confusion Smile

Prof. Bills wrote:
I have owned and studied them all.

Runer112, via IRC wrote:
weridly, although he recommends the CE, it doesn't appear at all in his video

Why not show off some of the cool features and programming capabilities of the CE? It might convince some people that this calculator is for them.

The post title wrote:
3000+ calcs

The post itself wrote:
2,000 calculators

I wrote:
Question

I started this post before TheLastMillennial posted his, but we generally do not support using the calculators for cheating. Sure, we write all kinds of math programs, but we usually do this for our own personal enjoyment. There are some notable exceptions, though.

The monochrome TI-84 isn't used as much as the CE. The CE supports more commands, and is faster, among other things.

Additionally, the TI-83 Premium CE is apparently able to do everything the CE can do, and I think it has an exact math engine (meaning that something like sqrt(8) becomes 2*sqrt(2) instead of the value) and it is getting Python (a powerful programming language) support in 2019. Unfortunately it is only sold in France[citation needed], but a dedicated collector with as many calculators as you is bound to know this Razz

By, the way, can we have a picture (a video that goes by all of them is fine, too) of all of your calculators in a way that lets us count them, so we can confirm your count?
The HP 55 is my favorite vintage calculator, my dad's grandpa spent nearly $400 on it and all the program you can buy for it.

The Casio super FX plus is my most prized calc. When the testing center kicked me out when they found out what I was doing with it. My math professors hate me now, because I would show the entire class how fully utilize their calcs. They had to ban several kinds of calculators because of me.

I don't care for the calculators that do simple math.

I own mostly nspires and 83s.

Its a long story how I came about so many calcs. The calculators are not all in one photo. I'm kind of scared to show how many I really have due to security purposes, and its also how i make a living. I have known about Cemetech for sometime. It is because of this site i have received several scholarships to pay for my years of full time college education, and almost get my masters. Without this site my life would have been a lot more different.
I say 84 color because thats what people google. I worked with calculators long enough to know thats what gets googled. You don't have to fight everyone else to get to the top of google.
Prof. Bills wrote:
The calculators are not all in one photo. I'm kind of scared to show how many I really have due to security purposes, and its also how i make a living.

I respect your choices, but how does this affect your personal security? (I'm also curious as to how you earn money off of it.)
Prof. Bills wrote:
My math professors hate me now, because I would show the entire class how fully utilize their calcs. They had to ban several kinds of calculators because of me.

That's... not a good thing. With your current actions, you're forcing calculator companies, like TI, to tighten up on their security and possibly disable certain features. I'm sure you've heard of what happened with TI OS 5.3.1. I hope you understand there's good teaching and destructive teaching. While the information you're giving out is definitely useful, it's obviously not helping the standards of testing. Wink If you want to keep informing people of this, please inform the teachers of the Test Mode most graphing calculators contain. It will help counteract the cheating and therefor your relation with the teacher, and calculator companies.

Anyways, The HP 55 is pretty cool! I remember discussing it in one of my school projects. I think most calculator collectors have tons of TI 83s. I'm sure we'd all love to hear your long story!

Also, what iPhoenix said.
I believe he is worried about getting robbed. With 3000+ calculators, most worth $100+ USD, it would be a great haul for a robbery. Its become a problem here, where kids steal them and sell them on ebay for a quick turnaround.

Anyways, just watched your video. I did like it, however, I would have liked to see more info provided on each calc that you recommended. Also, I would like to second what both TheLastMillennial and _iPhoenix_ said. The more that is brought up about how to cheat on tests, the more TI will push back and the more features could be removed. Otherwise, keep up the great work!
Wowwwwww that is a lot of calculators! You must have every color of the TI 84+ CE in there, don't you? Razz

TheLastMillennial wrote:
  • All your calculators in one photo

I'm not sure that's even possible, but even if so, that's a lot of clean up to do o_o
Michael2_3B wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:
  • All your calculators in one photo

I'm not sure that's even possible, but even if so, that's a lot of clean up to do o_o

Not if it's a panorama! Razz
Ok, maybe one photo was a little ambitious, but I'd just like to see all of them.

It looks like you didn't take our suggestion about the cheating videos. Could you please explain why you insist on making them?
My opinion is I'd rather that the good Professor Bills continue to post his secrets. Teachers and test proctors watch YouTube too. That way they know what to look out for.
The Casio Super FX is hard to come by as its marketed only in Japan, and not in the US. When you can find one they are not cheap. I wouldn't expect a lot of high school students to be using one, college is a different story.
This pales in comparison to the Ruby calculator demo. Despite their disclaimer, this $249 AU calculator appears purpose built to be a cheating machine. It looks like a Casio scientific but can store text and has bluetooth to chat with iOS or Android, and it can do Google searches.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours