Yes, you read that right.
Yes, it's currently very limited (you can only encode 17 characters in a Version 1, 21x21 symbol with ECC L).

Tested on TI-84+SE emulator (I used that with SC since I couldn't use the ROM of my actual calculator with jsTified) and a real TI-84+CE.

There are two programs: QR and θQRECC.
The latter is used internally to generate the Reed-Solomon checksum and loads up some huge look-up tables into the RAM as two lists (don't worry, it does remove them afterwards).
If that fails, make sure you have enough free RAM and try again.

It'll take a while to run (about one minute on TI-84+CE).

Note: again, there's a lot of limitations.
The version parameter is hard-coded as 1, which only allows generating 21x21 codes with a maximum of 17 ASCII characters available - the alphanumeric mode would be much more efficient.
The mask pattern is not chosen dynamically, so codes with features that interfere with the alignment or timing patterns might be produced as a result.
The error correction level is fixed to the lowest possible, L.

Screenshots:

QR Code is a trademark of Denso Wave.

The file has not made it to the Downloads section yet, so here's a SourceCoder link: http://sc.cemetech.net/?hash=pcHC/V/wXM1PMPoPVPA+X+ELwHVE.
Update: the file is now in the archives: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1784!

NOTE: BTW, I indeed have ported a C library (by Richard Moore) once and that works much better.
However, out of boredom I've decided to implement encoding from scratch and in TI-BASIC.

You can find that on GitHub: https://github.com/SopaXorzTaker/ti-qr.
Looks great! Any plans to incorporate a regular bar code reader?

Edit: Oops! Razz I mean encoder, not reader!
Legoman314 wrote:

A bar code reader on a device without a camera? Confused
How would that work?
Well, Legoman314 is, of course, implying that you connect a camera, and write USB libraries to communicate with the camera Very Happy
***LAX18 runs
LAX18 wrote:
Well, Legoman314 is, of course, implying that you connect a camera, and write USB libraries to communicate with the camera Very Happy
***LAX18 runs

pretty cool Very Happy I think he meant that you get a grid that allows you to manually set the squares on and off, so you can copy down the whole QR code and have the program decode it
***mr womp womp runs even faster
mr womp womp wrote:
LAX18 wrote:
***LAX18 runs

pretty cool Very Happy I think he meant that you get a grid that allows you to manually set the squares on and off, so you can copy down the whole QR code and have the program decode it

I meant an encoder, but mr womp womp's idea sounds more feasible.
Legoman314 wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:
LAX18 wrote:
***LAX18 runs

I meant an encoder, but mr womp womp's idea sounds more feasible.

An arbitrary barcode encoder would be much more easier to implement than a decoder.

Which symbology would you like me to write an encoder for (e.g. EAN-13, UPC, Code 128)?
Now in the archives of Cemetech, finally Very Happy
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1784!
So I was personally planning to start a project on QR code generating right after I finished my SQARscan program that generates code 39 barcodes
(find it on my website: www.coolcrab123.wixsite.com/home). However, now that I see that I am too late, I am planning on creating a code 128 generator later this year or sometime early next year.

BTW: Congrats! I couldn't figure out how QR codes' interiors are designed. I'm happy that someone did. (Or I just gave up on it...) Very Happy

Edit: I'm pretty sure there are multiple sizes of QR codes, and bigger sizes don't necessarily need to contain more data, so if you just edit the program to make the QR code size bigger, you can still fit in a pretty big amount of data. (Too bad that's impossible with code 39 (s); I had to make the barcode take up multiple rows if it was too long.
Legoman314 wrote:

Edit: Oops! Razz I mean encoder, not reader!

Doing this is actually fairly easy and I’ve made one before in ti basic but it only works with numbers and outputs in code 39 but making it fully capable would just require large lookup tables

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours