So I've been trying to get my ti 84 plus ce to work for the past hour however it seems to have most buttons keybinded to all the special keys on my keyboard all at once....is their any driver I'm missing because on another computer I just plugged and played...Thanks Razz
I'm not really sure what the 'special keys' are on your keyboard, but you may want to try reinstalling the smartpad app, RAM resetting your calculator with the reset button on the back, or reinstalling SmartView.
If you could please explain what's happening in more detail that'd be appreciated. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I'm not really sure what the 'special keys' are on your keyboard, but you may want to try reinstalling the smartpad app, RAM resetting your calculator with the reset button on the back, or reinstalling SmartView.
If you could please explain what's happening in more detail that'd be appreciated. Smile

sorry bout my absence. By special keys I mean "windows key, ctrl (control), alt, and some function keys. when I first used the app it was version 2.5 and it was working fine on a school computer but now after graduation, it seems to not work as a regular keyboard like it used to.
I have a few questions that I must clear up. I myself have never used SmartPadCE or SmartViewCE. Doing some quick research, I have a few things you could try.

Texas Instruments wrote:
The TI-84 Plus CE will remain a remote key pad when the TI-SmartView™ CE emulator keypad is in focus. Click on the TI-SmartView emulator prior to pressing keys on the calculator.

Are you sure the emulator was in focus? This could have been a recent update added to the software, one that you may not have know about.

It is also my understanding that you need SmartViewCE for SmartPadCE to function. Is this true?

Finally, if the above is indeed true, it is in my understanding that SmartViewCE is a paid application. Perhaps your free trial has run out and this is causing the application to cease working.
LAX18 wrote:
I have a few questions that I must clear up. I myself have never used SmartPadCE or SmartViewCE. Doing some quick research, I have a few things you could try.

Texas Instruments wrote:
The TI-84 Plus CE will remain a remote key pad when the TI-SmartView™ CE emulator keypad is in focus. Click on the TI-SmartView emulator prior to pressing keys on the calculator.

Are you sure the emulator was in focus? This could have been a recent update added to the software, one that you may not have know about.

It is also my understanding that you need SmartViewCE for SmartPadCE to function. Is this true?

Finally, if the above is indeed true, it is in my understanding that SmartViewCE is a paid application. Perhaps your free trial has run out and this is causing the application to cease working.

I've been able to use just the calculator app as a replacement to a keyboard. I've used it as a full fledged keyboard without the pc app however it was on a different computer, the app was updated by me after believing it might be a glitch.
Huh. That sounds really odd. I have never heard of that, What happens when you connect your calculator normally (i.e not with the app running)? Does Ti Connect CE recognize that the calculator is connected? I often have issues with Ti Connect CE not recognizing that my calc was even attached (and it was connected with the cord it came with), it could be possible that this switch of computers made the driver cease to work.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours