Should we have a Cemetech Discord?
Yes
 80%  [ 24 ]
No
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

I figured you guys would have just expanded the Cemetech MC Discord server >.>
We want the MC discord to be invite only while Cemetech Discord will be open to the public. Which is a reflection of the two services: CemetechMC requires approval from a moderator or admin in order for users to get build permissions, while anyone can register and join the conversation on the Cemetech forums. I will include a permanent link to the Cemetech Discord server, likely under "RSS & Social Media."

mets11rap wrote:
~~I totally didn't just link that~~ Razz

It could be because I didn't acknowledge your post, but I just got around to looking at it today before work. It does actually support multiple IRC channels. Had I read the link originally, instead of saved it for later, I would have known about that when I replied to LAX18. haha

multiple members wrote:
bot development

I appreciate the support, I'll definitely reach out to you guys should we ever need more than a Discord-IRC link bot.
Alex wrote:
We want the MC discord to be invite only while Cemetech Discord will be open to the public. Which is a reflection of the two services: CemetechMC requires approval from a moderator or admin in order for users to get build permissions, while anyone can register and join the conversation on the Cemetech forums.

I don't recall how you do per-user per-channel permissions, but you could make a "Minecraft" rank, and only allow people with the 'Minecraft" and staff rank to post in the channel, although I don't see why this is necessary. Yea, a whitelist is useful on the Minecraft server to prevent trolling, but for the discord server IMO, trolling isn't really ever going to be an issue, and well, I think your average cemetech user shouldn't be stopped from seeing whats going on in the Minecraft channel. Just my thoughts though Wink
For what it's worth, the first channel to get a Discord to IRC bridge is the Cemetech MC Discord. Join #cemetech-mc on Efnet to chat with the folks in the #in-game channel on the Discord. The main Cemetech IRC channel (with saxjax) will be coming soon. I just want to test it out first and also get proper permission from Kerm before bringing it to the channel.

Just want to give a shout out to commandblockguy for going over the config.json when I kept getting errors. Worked like a charm once I made the change. Thanks!
I'm considering making a fork of that IRC linker that supports regexes, so that things like .p get filtered out and so that Minecraft players and SAX users don't have ridiculously long prefixes like "<CemetchMC> (M) [ACagliano]"
By the way, it might not come out for a while, but I am working on a Discord bot that would allow you to link a channel in the MC server to a channel in the main server so they could be connected.
commandblockguy wrote:
I'm considering making a fork of that IRC linker that supports regexes, so that things like .p get filtered out and so that Minecraft players and SAX users don't have ridiculously long prefixes like "<CemetchMC> (M) [ACagliano]"
Just make the bot name as short as possible (such as a middle gray-colored dot like Juju did) and it's kinda effective. On IRC you just have to change the link bot name to I|, l| or something like this that is as short as possible.
That's not a bad idea. I don't view Discord in "Compact View" so I haven't realized just how long the lines are. I named the IRC bot disjax as a homage to saxjax so the name isn't terribly long but I could shorten it there as well.

On another note, are there any emoji's that I should add? I do have Blub added as an emoji.
Some of the core Blob emojis, thonk, some programming related emojis, etc.
Possible emoji:
    Different calculator types
    Train (in segments that can be repeated)
    Ice cube (for ICE) (why is that not in unicode already?)
    Pingsock
    Frogthink
    Minecraft grass block
    Logos of Cemetech and other calc sites
OH MY GOD YES PLEASE SOCKPING
The Discord bot has joined #cemetech. I'll be letting it sit in the channel for a few days to monitor how stable it is as it relays two active channels (#cemetech-mc & #cemetech). If all looks good, I'll open the server to the public Smile
When you announce it, can you post it here too so I get emailed, please? Thanks.
Emojis seem to transfer fine from Discord to IRC, but not from IRC to Discord.
The emoji issue isn't something that's fixable. I suspect it's an issue with the bot we're using, I've been made aware of some remedies but they probably won't be implemented right away.

Nonetheless, here's the public link to our Discord: https://discord.gg/6JzHGjd Smile
I'll be making a news article on it soon.
Alex wrote:
The emoji issue isn't something that's fixable. I suspect it's an issue with the bot we're using, I've been made aware of some remedies but they probably won't be implemented right away.

Nonetheless, here's the public link to our Discord: https://discord.gg/6JzHGjd Smile
I'll be making a news article on it soon.

Hi Everyone,

I get it that this thread is sort of old, being from June earlier this year, and as such the discord instant invite link has expired. To anyone and everyone in that server: Can you please post a revised instant invite link that is valid? Thanks Everyone
Pulling up a older topic as long as you have something to add that is relevant. I would say you are ok.

The current link is: http://discord.gg/DZbmraw
rivereye wrote:
Pulling up a older topic as long as you have something to add that is relevant. I would say you are ok.

The current link is: http://discord.gg/DZbmraw

Did you make that a never expiring link, or will this Instant Invite link expire like the last one?
That link is non-expiring. It should also be in the news post about the Discord Server launching.
That was my bad, I changed the link a few weeks ago and changed it in the official announcement topic but didn't realize I had shared it here.

Thanks for providing the updated link river!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours