Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

Realistically, would you ever use USB in a C / ICE program?
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Only if HID / FAT (keyboard, mouse, flash drive) drivers existed
 33%  [ 5 ]
Even if only the functions in usbdrvce.h were implemented (link in top post)
 66%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 15

(The usbdrvce.h mentioned in the poll is part of the CE-Toolchain)

It's probable this won't get very far, but even in that case at least I will learn something.

I hope to write a USB driver for the CE based on U-Boot's USB drivers.

The first problem I have encountered is that I have no idea what the USB controller is doing either on CEmu or on a physical calc. Does anyone know of a way to see what packets are sent? I don't know how to debug otherwise.
You *could* use an oscilloscope to see the output from the USB port. However, due to the lowest price being 99 USD and the highest over 14,000 USD, this is only really viable if you can borrow one.
LAX18 wrote:
You *could* use an oscilloscope to see the output from the USB port. However, due to the lowest price being 99 USD and the highest over 14,000 USD, this is only really viable if you can borrow one.

No one really cares about the raw signals from the port, that's all driven by the usb chip. It's kind of like saying you care about the bits going across the ram bus when you are trying to read from memory.
Yes. Yes. And yes again. I will eventually need USB for my CE Star Trek project.
Forgot to post this update until now:

I looked into u-boot a bit more, and the driver does not support isochronous packets. This means it could be used with devices like flash drives, but not USB audio adapters.
I might try this driver from Linux, which supports all four packet types.

Also, jacobly's USB driver does not appear to be linked anywhere on the site besides in IRC. I did not know this existed when I decided to start working on my own program. I haven't had time to try it yet, but I may or may not continue with this project after I do so.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours