I talked to TheLastMillennial already, about some actual facts mistake, so he should be able to fix those Razz

Anyway, regarding money, no, we didn't get any although this raises the issue (we've actually already mentioned it in other contexts) of bug bounties. Those are pretty common and TI could use some... There's nothing wrong about reporting cheating-related issues for instance... See for instance https://hackerone.com which a lot of companies use.
One quite real concern it that Asm programs to enable lowercase typing on the calculator would no longer be functional. For example, the code

Code:
Asm84CEPrgmFDCB24DEC9

would no longer be possible to type and run so that I can edit programs with lowercase characters.

I'm glad to have updated to the perfectly functional 5.3.0 before 5.3.1.
Pi Time wrote:
One quite real concern it that Asm programs to enable lowercase typing on the calculator would no longer be functional. For example, the code

Code:
Asm84CEPrgmFDCB24DEC9

would no longer be possible to type and run so that I can edit programs with lowercase characters.

I'm glad to have updated to the perfectly functional 5.3.0 before 5.3.1.

You can still run the code, its just that you have to compile it beforehand, and then send it to your calc, rather than typing it out on-calc.
Oh I thought I already posted here. I guess not.
I've published the final version!

This also contains the first dislike on one of my videos. Crying
Bet TI was the dislike Razz
I'm sticking with 5.3.0, until I'm 200% sure that I'll never need test mode (or on-calc ASM, bc I'll just use the ICE shortcut, it's COOLer too!) again.

***SM84CE hides
A few kind words to TI, from Beck

Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad !!!!

critor wrote:
Crying
Crying
Crying

did they disabled Asm84CEPrgm even you are not in test mode?
And BTW is there any new improvements in the new OS?
Yes they did disable it, and idk if they have improved anything, it may final...
I am so lucky that I didn't update my system even I don't know how to code in assembly
Waaangyi wrote:
I am so lucky that I didn't update my system even I don't know how to code in assembly
You don't have to know ASM, it's a program you can run on your calculator. Watch the video, it explains this. Smile
I have written a program that addresses this issue:
BASICmod
it uses Textlib by Dr. D'Nar to recall the token and place it in a string that can be recalled in programs
Simply enter the program and type:

Code:
:Asm(<imaginary i>hexstring

Recall Str1 into your program to use the token.
Hope this helps. Smile
Well, you could also just store the Asm84CEPrgm token into a program (using TI Connect CE or Source Coder) and send it to your calc, then you could recall it whenever you'd like. It's similar to your approach, but the quotes won't get pasted and it's a heck of a lot smaller in size.
The point is, TI has just made it an unnecessary pain...
I agree. BASICmod is for other things too. I simply posted it here because it could store the Asm84CEPrgm token on-calc. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours