In the recent 5.3.1 chaos I upgraded my calc to 5.3.1 only to downgrade shortly after, having to use the third-party tool because my boot code was 5.1.5. Now, just out of curiosity, any way to downgrade the boot code version, of is it strapped to the hardware? thanks
Nope, no way to downgrade the Boot Code.
EDIT: I completely misread your post, this stuff isn't needed Razz

however there *is* a way to change the certificate which will allow you to downgrade the OS. You can get that tool here on TI Planet.
You can learn more about OS 5.3.1 with this video:

Hope this helped. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Nope, no way to downgrade the Boot Code.
EDIT: I completely misread your post, this stuff isn't needed Razz

however there *is* a way to change the certificate which will allow you to downgrade the OS. You can get that tool here on TI Planet.
You can learn more about OS 5.3.1 with this video:

Hope this helped. Smile

Ahh that sucks, thanks for the response anyway Smile

Only *positive* side of 5.3.1 probably is they updated the year in [2nd][+][1] where it now says "(C) 1990-2018" instead of 2017.

That's all I could find in that time. XD
Boot code is basically burned into the flash chip. I don't think anyone has or wants to try to defeat that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours