Block Ninja is a less-than-fully featured Fruit Ninja clone written for iPhone/iPad using the app Pythonista 3. (The app costs 10USD, but I assure you it is worth every penny of that. It is easily the best Python app in the app store with loads of features you will use and loads of features you didn't know you'd use. I'd actually rather program in it than in the default python Mac install).
It has a lot of awesome features and because of built-in sprites and a decent amount of math it looks quite good!

Eye candy:

Download the latest version of BlockNinja.py from this here and Pythonista 3 from the App Store (if you don't already have it). Load the BlockNinja.py file into Pythonista, and you're all set to play!

It features a high scores table, streaks, bombs, crits, a timer, advanced particle effects, and lots of obscure hacks and shims in the code because it wouldn't be a game written by me without them.

I feel obligated to put this in here, because I am promoting something that does cost real money. I'm not affiliated with Pythonista or its creators in any way (I'm not getting paid or anything for promoting the app), I got the app myself, toyed around with it and think the app is awesome, so you should totally get it, too.

New in v1.1:
- The timer flashes red when you are running out of time
- Loads of helpful and funny (if I do say so myself), in-code documentation.
- Optimizations
- Blocks hit with crits have particles that travel farther.
This is pretty cool! I don't have an iPad or tablet of any kind, but it looks pretty fun Smile
Battlesquid wrote:
This is pretty cool! I don't have an iPad or tablet of any kind, but it looks pretty fun Smile

Thanks!
Do you have an iPhone? The app is available for that, too.
This app looks very promising! I dont have a mobile of any sort that could run this (nor the $10 for the app Razz ). I do have a question though? Are you planning to release this as a true packaged app or is this just a side project?
LAX18 wrote:
This app looks very promising! I dont have a mobile of any sort that could run this (nor the $10 for the app Razz ). I do have a question though? Are you planning to release this as a true packaged app or is this just a side project?

iOS doesn't let you package apps like thatscrew apple. iOS apps have to be written in their own language (an objective-c variant IIRC), and packaged by Apple. screw apple. RIP. Did I mention that I hate apple?
A small change, but I fixed some Block Ninja bugs! Bombs no longer count in streaks, and streaks are significantly easier to get. I also changed the icon for bombs, because it was super difficult hard to see in the last update.

Happy Slicing! Download.
LAX18 wrote:

You'd be surprised at what you can get if you ask nicely Razz ! (I just contacted Browserling about a free plan and they gave me 6 months free and the next 6 months 50% off). Whats the Pythonista dev teams email! Oh and does Pythonista 3 work on iOS 12 (thats what i'm running on my 5s)
timedia wrote:
LAX18 wrote:

You'd be surprised at what you can get if you ask nicely Razz ! (I just contacted Browserling about a free plan and they gave me 6 months free and the next 6 months 50% off). Whats the Pythonista dev teams email! Oh and does Pythonista 3 work on iOS 12 (thats what i'm running on my 5s)

Yes, Pythonista works on there, I think.

Pythonista or its dev team cannot package apps, only Apple can, as my post said :/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours