EDIT: NOS-BEX has been discontinued, as I am now working on BOSshell again. This means that all the features below will become a part of BOSshell! Very Happy

beckadamtheinventor wrote:

NOS-BEX is an extension to NOS (a shell by LAX18), powered by ICE compiler language.
This extension (WIP) will contain a number of file editors, image viewer/creator/editor, and likely it's own interpreted language! Very Happy

File Extensions
".text" text document, including text formatting, and image inserting
".bimg" binary image
".ximg" xlib color image
".mimg" binary mapped image (see below for details)
".pack" Multi-file package
".dir" file organizer (a bunch of file links)

".mimg" files are a mix of a binary image and an xlib color image. The zeroes in the binary image are transparent, and require no xlib data; the ones are colored by the xlib data.
so:

Code:

FF0000FF
FF0000FF

//full data, in hex
0404F99FFF0000FF00000000FF0000FF

Not necessarily smaller, but removes the need for two-byte pixels and/or transparent colors.

Feel free to post ideas for this project!
Yay! My shell is getting love!

I will be sure to put the official SDK up. I hope to do so today, as I plan to release NOS v.0.5 BETA in the VERY near future.

I also plan to implement the NIS author verification system so I will PM you the details when I create an application. It is similar to your idea of BOSShell register developers.
How is this project going ??
Alvajoy123 wrote:
How is this project going ??

beckadamtheinventor wrote:
EDIT: NOS-BEX has been discontinued, as I am now working on BOSshell again. This means that all the features below will become a part of BOSshell! Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours