Copy(Str0,{L5+3},3
Disp Str0

and

Code:

3->A
'ABC'->{L5+A}
Copy(Str0,{L5+A},3
Disp Str0

They should do the same (if i'm not mistaken). However the first one works, it returns 'ABC', but the second one returns "random" tokens.

Yep, I found this bug and fixed it. Thanks for the report! (will update ICE soon). Also fixed another bug where an OS string is the second operand of an operator (like "A+Str0"). Smile
I have had no problems with OS lists in ICE. I had the issue with display of random characters when saving but this was a saving error on my part.
PT_ wrote:
Tengento wrote:
Hi, I think i've found a new bug. Try those two programs:

Code:

'ABC'->{L5+3}
Copy(Str0,{L5+3},3
Disp Str0

and

Code:

3->A
'ABC'->{L5+A}
Copy(Str0,{L5+A},3
Disp Str0

They should do the same (if i'm not mistaken). However the first one works, it returns 'ABC', but the second one returns "random" tokens.

Yep, I found this bug and fixed it. Thanks for the report! (will update ICE soon). Also fixed another bug where an OS string is the second operand of an operator (like "A+Str0"). Smile

Thanks Smile
There is another bug in the ICE:
It is the OUTPUT( ) function

Code:
1->X
Output(1,X,"Hello, world")
//This works fine

Code:
1->X
Output(X,1,"Hello, world")
//This will cause a RAM CLEAR

Please fix this bug, Thank you!
IDK if this is an ice bug, bit when I compiled my secret project, ran it, then ran Cesium (I had ram cleared before), then ran my program, it crashed. I'll try and replicate this with a non-classified prgm, then post the code...
P_T on IRC told me to make a new post, so here it is: Razz

I replicated it with my CC21 submission, and another program that I had, seems like the bug is only triggered when the program in question uses AppVars. After the first compile/ run from ICE, the bug is triggered if you run the compiled prgm from the homescreen of Cesium (RAM backup and no backup). As for the code, it's in the Archives, so I don't see the need to post code (no changes were made to my CC21 prgm after the release, so the Archives version is the most current version)
Waaangyi wrote:
There is another bug in the ICE:
It is the OUTPUT( ) function

Code:
1->X
Output(1,X,"Hello, world")
//This works fine

Code:
1->X
Output(X,1,"Hello, world")
//This will cause a RAM CLEAR

Please fix this bug, Thank you!

Can't replicate, both work fine for me.

SM84CE wrote:
P_T on IRC told me to make a new post, so here it is: Razz

I replicated it with my CC21 submission, and another program that I had, seems like the bug is only triggered when the program in question uses AppVars. After the first compile/ run from ICE, the bug is triggered if you run the compiled prgm from the homescreen of Cesium (RAM backup and no backup). As for the code, it's in the Archives, so I don't see the need to post code (no changes were made to my CC21 prgm after the release, so the Archives version is the most current version)

No it's not. You're not defining DATA before reading to it when DiwFile actually exists before running the program (line 14), thus reading to (probably) address 0 which causes the crash.
Uhhh... Looks like I have to fix my prgm then... I might need an in depth explanation. PM me instead...
This outputs 0.

Code:

10->A
10->B
(A*200)/(A+B)->C
Disp C
BUG:

When I split NOS into modules, and made a build file (with AsmComp()'s), ICE freezes on prescanning the build file. I dont know why this fails because I can do single AsmComp's

EDIT: Fixed, PT_++
New Bug:
When you make a program with just a [i] in it, and compile it, the outputted name causes Cesium and the calculator to crash.

Edit: Fixed
LAX18 wrote:
New Bug:
When you make a program with just a [i] in it, and compile it, the outputted name causes Cesium and the calculator to crash.

This sounds like a Cesium bug Wink
LAX18 wrote:
New Bug:

This is not a bug, it's just what happens when the variable name is null. Razz Same thing happens when you try to open a file with a null file name.
DO NOT TRY THIS:

Code:

sum(1,"00","w"->D

ICE catches invalid characters as an output name, but not a null name, apparently.
Interestingly enough, although both codes should work (I think), the second set of code does not work:

Code:

sum(0
sum(2,'Str1',"w+",4->A
sum(4,"TICE",4,A

Code:

"TICE"->Str1
sum(0
sum(2,'Str1',"w+",4->A
sum(4,Str1,4,A
Just found this bug, It doesn't need to be fixed, but it happens when you press, for instance, "prgm", then trace, then select something, it places the token you select in the prgm menu.

john35588 wrote:
Just found this bug, It doesn't need to be fixed, but it happens when you press, for instance, "prgm", then trace, then select something, it places the token you select in the prgm menu.

That bug has been there for as long as ICE has had the [trace] menu Wink

Code:

For(X,BEGIN,END
//code
End

works, but

Code:

For(X,BEGIN,END,INCREMENT
//code
End

Does not work.

My exact code:

Code:

For(B,10,TMSTART-1,N
TILEXY->*{FILEPTR+B
TILEXY->*{FILEPTR+B+1
End

And yes I know that TMSTART does not overflow the bounds of the file, which is in RAM at the time of writing, and the 'For' loop is not embedded in any other loop.

I managed to fix the issue with this,

Code:

10->B
Repeat B>=TMSTART
TILEXY->*{FILEPTR+B
TILEXY->*{FILEPTR+B+1
B+N->B
End

and although this issue is regarding a low-level command, it does have a fix, so no pressure to fix the loop increment at this time.
idk if this has been mentioned, 2.2 still doesn't work with icons/descriptions... anything I try with an icon won't run, or spit random chars. The icon/desc. shows up in Cesium, though...
Beware when you use Sub(Str1,3,0) your calc will crash
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Beware when you use Sub(Str1,3,0) your calc will crash

Yes, because that's what's supposed to happen (pretty much)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours