Was the second thing a stupid thing to do (read the post first!)
Yes
 91%  [ 11 ]
No
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

My chem teacher at my high school, did some stupid stuff yesterday. He's new to the school, but has been teaching for some time. So he likes to not teach and give us Google educations, without any guidelines for what we need to find... That ticks everyone off, and without any guidelines, people do other stuff on their phones, like visit Cemetech (that was me Razz).
Here's the stupidest: yesterday, during finals, a guy poorly managed his time and didn't do the heavy calculation based questions first, and with 10 minutes left, he still had like 10 questions left (it's a 91 question final, BTW). The teacher just gives him the answer to those last 10 questions!? I'll probably report the teacher first chance I get, or mention him in a terrible review of the school on Google...

What do you guys think?
Probably wants to see how people choose to manage their times. I bet you didn't actually approach your teacher and ask why; and yet you already decided to report them? It seems to me that you should talk to your teacher and explain what you expect to get out of your education, and to remember that teachers are humans too, who may or may not be going though life things.
I didnt think of it that way Mateo. Perhaps the same applies to the student. The student that is recieving answers may be going through life things and the teacher may be aware of this. I agree with Mateo when he said that the teacher could be testing your time mangement skills. At the high school level, especially at my school, chemistry is required as a junior science credit. He may figure you are old enough to manage yourselfs and he does not need to hold your hand and drag you away. I do agree that he should teach instead of direct you to google. Perhaps there are also circumstances surrounding this, they may have taught another subject before and this is their first year teaching chemistry.

I have had some sucky teachers before, ones who I have witnessed taking kids in the hallways and rattling off the answers to entire tests before. I have thought about reporting them as well, however, I could not report them because I did not want to ruin their career because I jumped to conclusions. I would, as Mateo wisely said, ask the teacher about the issue.

Sorry for the rant. This is (by far) the longest cemetech post I have written so I apologise for the lenght.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours