Been wondering if it's possible to rename a command for TI BASIC. For instance remainder( looks ugly and makes my programs look crowded and hard to read, would it be possible to alter something so I could write, for example, "mod(" instead? If so how could I do it? Thanks
AFAIK, not easily.

Sure, you could probably do it with assembly somehow by replacing the token strings with your own custom ones, but that would be a ton of effort for a cosmetic change.
Yes, it's very easy using the token hook. That is what ICE is using too for its own custom tokens.
ok that's good to know. Another question, could I also extend the domain of the remainder( function to all integers instead of just the positive ones? where would that be stored?
Thanks again for the response.
respen34 wrote:
ok that's good to know. Another question, could I also extend the domain of the remainder( function to all integers instead of just the positive ones? where would that be stored?
Thanks again for the response.

Then you need to take a look at the parser hook, change the behaviour of remainder( by popping the arguments, parsing that and storing that to Ans. Good luck doing that though Wink
Do you by chance have an example of how to use the token hook? I'm new to this kind of programming and can't find any clear documentation on how to do this.
Sure; here is the documentation (or here for the TI-84+CE) and you can find an example here. Hope this helps; if you have any more questions, feel free to ask! Smile
In the documentation what is the difference between the token number and the keypress of token? Also I'm a bit confused how your example relates to the documentation, I see some simularity, but a lot of it just seems random. It's probably just because I'm a noob tho. xD Thanks for all the help.
respen34 wrote:
In the documentation what is the difference between the token number and the keypress of token? Also I'm a bit confused how your example relates to the documentation, I see some simularity, but a lot of it just seems random. It's probably just because I'm a noob tho. xD Thanks for all the help.

The token number is related to this table I think?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours