So, I need corrupted text. Normally, I could just go to one of those text f***er sites and get it, but those put in extra characters. I need 26 (Well, 52 due to lower and uppercase) corrupted letters with no extra characters added in. If someone could help me with this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance! Very Happy
You can easily do this with a TI-Basic program, or a python program, or even in python in the command line. Just have something that takes the text you enter, or the 52 characters, and swaps them around.
What's a "corrupted letter" or a "corrupted text"?
c4ooo wrote:
What's a "corrupted letter" or a "corrupted text"?

I assume he meant to say "scrambled."
Dơ̫̜̯̗̺͈ͪ̃̉ͪ ̾y̤̒o̜͙̹͇̳̎͛̎̋ͫũ̶͇̜̮̹̩̙̼̂ͥͧ̌ ̰̰̎̇̚m̖̻̟̞̩̹e̤͖̥͕͎͓ͫͪ͢aͨͧ̆͒̆̃͗͏̘̯n͔̪̺ͦ̇̓ͧ͢ ̸̻̝ͭ̎̊ͣ̋ͭͅl̵̥̘̠̥i̟͙̹̤ͥ̿̚͟k̴ͫe͖̭̳͔͛̿̃̏̚ͅ ̺͕̠̤̣̙͙ͮ̔͌ͤ̆t̎ͭ͂ͫ̽̽͑͘h̠̣͉̒i̐͊̿̇ͦs̹̦͕͍̙?̳̝̳̤̩͈̍͑͋ͪ̂͠

Are you looking for a font that does this? We need more details about the project you are working on, is it for calculators or computers? Do you need it to look exactly the same, or just any text that is difficult to read?

And the way that those websites work is by adding Unicode "combining" characters that add stuff above the previous character, so you couldn't do it the same way with no added characters.
commandblockguy wrote:
Dơ̫̜̯̗̺͈ͪ̃̉ͪ ̾y̤̒o̜͙̹͇̳̎͛̎̋ͫũ̶͇̜̮̹̩̙̼̂ͥͧ̌ ̰̰̎̇̚m̖̻̟̞̩̹e̤͖̥͕͎͓ͫͪ͢aͨͧ̆͒̆̃͗͏̘̯n͔̪̺ͦ̇̓ͧ͢ ̸̻̝ͭ̎̊ͣ̋ͭͅl̵̥̘̠̥i̟͙̹̤ͥ̿̚͟k̴ͫe͖̭̳͔͛̿̃̏̚ͅ ̺͕̠̤̣̙͙ͮ̔͌ͤ̆t̎ͭ͂ͫ̽̽͑͘h̠̣͉̒i̐͊̿̇ͦs̹̦͕͍̙?̳̝̳̤̩͈̍͑͋ͪ̂͠

Are you looking for a font that does this? We need more details about the project you are working on, is it for calculators or computers? Do you need it to look exactly the same, or just any text that is difficult to read?

And the way that those websites work is by adding Unicode "combining" characters that add stuff above the previous character, so you couldn't do it the same way with no added characters.

Yes, like that. I don't mean "I need a script". I mean, I need the characters themselves to put IN my script. And computers. Also, what do you mean "so you couldn't do it the same way with no added characters"?
Well, the way that Unicode works while using those characters is that you have one regular character, followed by one or more modifying/combining characters that cause the extra bits to appear on top of the first character.

You can't copy a single character for each corrupt letter, as it's really made of a regular letter plus a modifier character.

If you need the Unicode values for the modifiers, they run from 768 to 879.
This is often referred to as Zalgo text, and there are a ton of generators online.
http://knowyourmeme.com wrote:
Zalgo is an Internet legend about an ominous entity believed to cause insanity, death and destruction of the world, similar to the creature Cthulhu created by H.P. Lovecraft in the 1920s. Zalgo is often associated with scrambled text on webpages and photos of people whose eyes and mouth have been covered in black.

More specifically, what constitutes one Zalgo letter is actually a bunch of characters, and different generators will give different characters and different amounts of characters.
This is why this particular string which is just the word "Example", with a lot of modifiers counts 193 characters.

Also, you can see that the browser didn't support every character, and actually, what looks like 2 characters (after the m and after the l) were not added to the right characters, but rather just as a modified dotted circle, which is how combining marks are usually represented when talking about a mark itself as a standalone character.

Also, if you want to see some corrupted stuff, have a look at some old corrupted database topics like this one where it looks like all the words were put in alphabetical order, which makes for some pretty funny posts.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours