I beat Banchor!!!!! This game was the best RPG on the TI-84 Plus CE I have ever seen! Banchor (the final boss) was surprisingly easy though. Can there be an update where beating Banchor is a little harder?
DanielSquad wrote:
I beat Banchor!!!!! This game was the best RPG on the TI-84 Plus CE I have ever seen! Banchor (the final boss) was surprisingly easy though. Can there be an update where beating Banchor is a little harder?
Congrats, and thank you Smile Yeah I can keep that in mind for any future updates. If I do an update, I'll probably add in multiple difficulty levels.
JamesV wrote:
DanielSquad wrote:
Congrats, and thank you Smile Yeah I can keep that in mind for any future updates. If I do an update, I'll probably add in multiple difficulty levels.

Could you add different resolutions and maybe an options menu? You could put the resolution and difficulty settings there. Very Happy
I restarted the game with a new challenge:beating the game in only one week. This includes all the secrets as well. This game is so addicting!
Can some one tell me how to get an axe or something to break down the trees, or if I need to beat a boss, where that boss is located? I beat 4 bosses including the one next to the entrance to hell. I see there is a cave entrance in the graveyard but it is completely blocked off. If that is where I need to go, how????
Love the game tho.
Thanks
NoaxPrime wrote:
Could you add different resolutions and maybe an options menu? You could put the resolution and difficulty settings there. Very Happy
I've considered adding some colour in the future, and if I did that I'd probably increase the map size to fill out the screen some more. It's just a matter of finding enough time to get it done Razz

DanielSquad wrote:
I restarted the game with a new challenge:beating the game in only one week. This includes all the secrets as well. This game is so addicting!
Cool, and good luck! Do you think a "Hardcore" difficulty would be something worth adding in the future as a challenge for skilled players, where if you die, you have to restart the entire game?

Shrik2 wrote:
Can some one tell me how to get an axe or something to break down the trees, or if I need to beat a boss, where that boss is located? I beat 4 bosses including the one next to the entrance to hell. I see there is a cave entrance in the graveyard but it is completely blocked off. If that is where I need to go, how????
Love the game tho.
Thanks
There's no way to break down the trees, but late in the game you can find the Winged Boots which allow you to walk over trees. I'll send you a PM with a bit more info Smile
Yeah, I think hardcore would be intense for experienced players. Is it possible though? I sometimes die on purpose to get out of the Pyramid of Snakes. What if instead of restarting the game, you had a limited amount of allowed deaths in the game (like Mario), and then you restart.

P.S. I completed my challenge in two days. Max equipment, hearts, and gold with Banchor defeated.

P.P.S. I found a glitch in the game. After beating Banchor, I could still go back into his castle and beat him again. Is this intentional? I just use it as an intense training session.
Where are the winged boots?
xMarminq_ wrote:
Where are the winged boots?
I'll send you a PM Smile
Is there a way to make a Cesium icon for Banchor? It just looks aesthetically pleasing on the Cesium menu. Razz Banchor is still a classic favorite on my calculator, and I would love to see this icon.
There is a way, but you have to do it from the source.

I love this game, but the only problems are that I'm not good at it, and there's not enough color, for me. I know that it isn't a big issue, but I think it'd be very cool if it could look like Pokemon a little. Also, can you make it so that when you hit, and you're facing another direction from the enemy, that it turns towards the enemy to hit it? It might ruin some of it, but I don't know. Finally, maybe make it more fullscreen? More display? Less red border?I don't know how much this will affect the speed, size, and quality of the program, but sometimes I get really annoyed at the red border because it makes the game feel smaller.

Oh. One other thing. I'd like more color because without it, it looks like it was made on a monochrome calc, and then emulated on the CE. (But, the color would also affect the size, speed, etc., of the game, so maybe not)
DanielSquad wrote:
Is there a way to make a Cesium icon for Banchor? It just looks aesthetically pleasing on the Cesium menu. Razz Banchor is still a classic favorite on my calculator, and I would love to see this icon.
I'll note this down for a future release Smile

jcgter777 wrote:
I love this game, but the only problems are that I'm not good at it, and there's not enough color, for me. I know that it isn't a big issue, but I think it'd be very cool if it could look like Pokemon a little. Also, can you make it so that when you hit, and you're facing another direction from the enemy, that it turns towards the enemy to hit it? It might ruin some of it, but I don't know. Finally, maybe make it more fullscreen? More display? Less red border?I don't know how much this will affect the speed, size, and quality of the program, but sometimes I get really annoyed at the red border because it makes the game feel smaller.

Oh. One other thing. I'd like more color because without it, it looks like it was made on a monochrome calc, and then emulated on the CE. (But, the color would also affect the size, speed, etc., of the game, so maybe not)
I've got tentative plans to do a 4-bit colour update in the future, along with increasing the play screen size and adding in optional difficulty settings (there's a post about halfway down this page where I outlined my plans for difficulty levels in a future version).

I should point out, this game was originally made on a monochrome calc, the TI-86 Razz So it was a very quick port, hence the grayscale graphics. Hopefully the above updates happen sooner than later (when Minecraft CTM maps suck up less of my free time...)
Where are the five crystals? I need one more and im stuck still
xMarminq_ wrote:
Where are the five crystals? I need one more and im stuck still

Can you specify which one? I'll give you a list of all five
1. The king gives it to you
2. It's found in the desert in one of the tunnels. (bee hive zone)
3. Found in the Snowy Highlands in one of the tunnels after you beat Wendeg.
4. After beating the fourth boss, go back to the swamp and there will be a tunnel with the crystal.
5. After beating Anazar, a tombstone will turn into an entrance to the crystal. Search the graveyard for that tombstone.
And that's it. Hope that helped. Very Happy
I just downloaded this game - I only have 1 crystal so far, but I'm loving it! As with many RPG's, I have to walk around a lot before figuring out exactly where I'm supposed to go, but I'm making progress nonetheless Razz

This has been mentioned before, but I'm definitely rooting for that color update. Also the difficulty settings.

The only cons I see at the moment are:
-Interactive characters/signs/chests are only accessible from one side
-There is no exit button on the main menu
-Fighting enemies at close range doesn't do any damage to them; you can only hit them when they're about a block away from you. This has killed me countless times.
I've been walking around for a while now, and it seems to me that what I need next is a stone crusher. However I can't seem to find the ring of might :/

EDIT: Never mind, I've found the ring of might, and I've found the aqua boots. I've found several more heart containers and have visited most areas of the map, but I still only have 2 crystals. If there's stuff behind fake walls, it's going to be very difficult to find them...
There are very few fake walls, nothing essential to beating the game is behind them. Smile
I finally finished the game! Had to grind (kill monsters) for several minutes to get enough gold for things... Got the winged boots, got the 5 crystals, and beat Banchor!

I have to say, though, Anazar was much much harder than Banchor was.
JamesV wrote:
DanielSquad wrote:
How do you find the Ring of Might?
I replied to your PM Smile

Can I get this too? Just found the ring of might and got to the spider forest but now I’m stuck.
bm64 wrote:
JamesV wrote:
DanielSquad wrote:
How do you find the Ring of Might?
I replied to your PM Smile

Can I get this too? Just found the ring of might and got to the spider forest but now I’m stuck.

Sending you a PM now Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours