Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I am an AP Stats student with a TI-83+, and need some help inputting a program for LinRegTInt program called LNREGINT. I am unable to, due to my lack of understanding of how to input it, and would appreciate someone helping me input it, as a lot hinges on me passing this. The program is as follows, when translated using SourceCoder from this sight, using TI-83+/TI-84+ TI BASIC.

Code:

Prompt L1,L2,C

LinReg(a+bx) L1,L2,{Y1}

[|a]->Z

[|b]->Y

[r]->R

dim(L1)->N

N-2->D

2-Var StatsL1,L2

sqrt(([Sigmay^2]-Z*[Sigmay]-Y*[Sigmaxy])/D)->S

(1-C)/2->A

solve(A-tcdf(~1|E99,X,D),X,{~1|E99,1|E99})->T

abs(T)->T

T*S/sqrt([Sigmax^2]-([Sigmax])^^2/N)->E

ClrHome

Output(1,3,"LINREGTINT")

Output(2,1,"Y=[|a]+[|b]X")

Output(3,1,"(")

Fix 4

Y-E->L

Output(3,2,L)

Y+E->U

Output(3,8,",")

Output(3,9,U)

Output(3,16,")")

Output(4,1,"[|b]=")

Float

Output(4,3,Y)

Output(5,1,"[df]=")

Output(5,4,D)

Output(6,1,"[s]=")

Output(6,3,S)

Output(7,1,"[|a]=")

Output(7,3,Z)

Pause

ClrHome

Output(1,1,"[r^2]=")

Output(1,4,R^^2)

Output(2,1,"[r]=")

Output(2,3,R)

Pause

ClrHome

Output(1,2,"CI FOR CONSTANT")

TSsqrt(1/N+[xbar]^^2/([Sigmax^2]-([Sigmax])^^2/N))->E

Z-E->L

Z+E->U

Fix 4

Output(2,1,"(")

Output(2,2,L)

Output(2,7,",")

Output(2,9,U)

Output(2,14,")")

Pause

ClrHome

Apologies for any trouble.
Some of the code makes sense, but can you show me the original code of where you got it from?
I will then be a better help.
I think I got it:


Code:
Prompt L₁,L₂,C
LinReg(a+bx) L₁,L₂,Y₁
a→Z
b→Y
r→R
dim(L₁)→N
N-2→D
2-Var Stats L₁,L₂
√((Σy-Z*Σy-Y*Σxy)/D)→S
(1-C)/2→A
solve(A-tcdf(1e99,X,D),X,{1e99,1e99})→T
abs(T)→T
T*S/√(Σx-(Σx)/N)→E
ClrHome
Output(1,3,"LINREGTINT")
Output(2,1,"Y=a+bX")
Output(3,1,"(")
Fix 4
Y-E→L
Output(3,2,L)
Y+E→U
Output(3,8,",")
Output(3,9,U)
Output(3,16,")")
Output(4,1,"b=")
Float
Output(4,3,Y)
Output(5,1,"df=")
Output(5,4,D)
Output(6,1,"s=")
Output(6,3,S)
Output(7,1,"a=")
Output(7,3,Z)
Pause
ClrHome
Output(1,1,"r=")
Output(1,4,R)
Output(2,1,"r=")
Output(2,3,R)
Pause
ClrHome
Output(1,2,"CI FOR CONSTANT")
TS√(1/N+(x with line on top)/(Σx-(Σx)/N))→E
Z-E→L
Z+E→U
Fix 4
Output(2,1,"(")
Output(2,2,L)
Output(2,7,",")
Output(2,9,U)
Output(2,14,")")
Pause
ClrHome


All of that seems like the source code.

To get to the summation symbols, go to [VARS] then go to menu #5:Statistics, and scroll through the menus. You will see the symbols you need for the program.

If this post helps, then good!

If not, then please specify what else needs to be done!

I want to help!
Here, I got the source code.

The link to my source code:

http://sc.cemetech.net/?hash=jV12dTisw7RtMVvq4GT+gFwBc0Tt

The link to the download:

https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/449/44982.html

This should help 100%

If you don't have a link cable to your calculator, then download "ti-connect ce". Open "ti-connect ce". Go to program editor on "ti-connect ce". Select open program. select the program that you downloaded from ticalc. Then, type that into your calculator. My earlier posts should explain more of what to do. This is probably the last post I will have... but if you still have questions, then just ask.
dunlavdy wrote:
Here, I got the source code.

The link to my source code:

http://sc.cemetech.net/?hash=jV12dTisw7RtMVvq4GT+gFwBc0Tt

The link to the download:

https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/449/44982.html

This should help 100%

If you don't have a link cable to your calculator, then download "ti-connect ce". Open "ti-connect ce". Go to program editor on "ti-connect ce". Select open program. select the program that you downloaded from ticalc. Then, type that into your calculator. My earlier posts should explain more of what to do. This is probably the last post I will have... but if you still have questions, then just ask.

Thanks a ton, I'll give it a shot as soon as I can.
dunlavdy wrote:
Here, I got the source code.

The link to my source code:

http://sc.cemetech.net/?hash=jV12dTisw7RtMVvq4GT+gFwBc0Tt

The link to the download:

https://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/449/44982.html

This should help 100%

If you don't have a link cable to your calculator, then download "ti-connect ce". Open "ti-connect ce". Go to program editor on "ti-connect ce". Select open program. select the program that you downloaded from ticalc. Then, type that into your calculator. My earlier posts should explain more of what to do. This is probably the last post I will have... but if you still have questions, then just ask.

I input the code as shown in the program, but when I tried to run it using L1, L2, and .95 as my inputs, I got a syntax error at a->Z, on line 3, with the pointer at the arrow. The arrow was the store function, a the lowercase letter a, and Z the capital letter Z. Any idea what went wrong or how to fix it?
There could be an issue where the calculator is thinking that 'a' is a lowercase 'a' rather than a statistics variable 'a'. That would be an issue with TI Connect and sending the file to your calculator. Try editing the program on-calc and replacing the 'a' with the statistics 'a' and see if it helps.
Other than that, I don't understand where you're having issues, I downloaded and ran the program on my TI 83 Plus emulator and it worked perfectly.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
There could be an issue where the calculator is thinking that 'a' is a lowercase 'a' rather than a statistics variable 'a'. That would be an issue with TI Connect and sending the file to your calculator. Try editing the program on-calc and replacing the 'a' with the statistics 'a' and see if it helps.
Other than that, I don't understand where you're having issues, I downloaded and ran the program on my TI 83 Plus emulator and it worked perfectly.

How would one type the statistics variable? I typed it on my calculator, and I didn't see the statistics α, in my calculators Catalog, and am also unsure if any other letters require a special character. Thank you for the help.
Yeah it's not in the catalogue since it's not a command.
Press [vars]>[5]>[right arrow]>[right arrow] you'll see a bunch of lowercase letters. Press enter on the ones you want to use. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Yeah it's not in the catalogue since it's not a command.
Press [vars]>[5]>[right arrow]>[right arrow] you'll see a bunch of lowercase letters. Press enter on the ones you want to use. Smile

I did as you said, and now it works up until line 18, giving me a syntax error at Fix 4. I take Fix from the Catalog, with the calculators pointer at Fix. How can I fix this?
Alright, I've gotten it to function, but it doesn't display the lower part of the confidence interval. I got rid of both Fix functions, and the Float function, and managed to get it to work via that, at the cost of having to manually calculate the lower bound of the confidence interval. But, it works! Thanks a ton for all the help, I couldn't have done it without you.
(and a wee bit more to help me fix it wouldn't hurt!)
The lower bound now displays a negative number for a positive result, I have made (modified) my first piece of spaghetti code. Kinda proud of myself.
Congrats, glad you got it working. Smile
Normally if you have an update for something in within a 24 hour time period, unless it's a big update or someone posted right after it, please just edit your previous post. Wink
That's good that you got if figured out. Glad to have helped a little.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement