My body has adapted to hit the alarm clock off switch every morning now, so I never wake up to my alarm anymore. And because of that, my schedule is completely messed up, which causes my whole day to be ruined.

Sigh
Caleb_J wrote:
My body has adapted to hit the alarm clock off switch every morning now, so I never wake up to my alarm anymore. And because of that, my schedule is completely messed up, which causes my whole day to be ruined.

Sigh

I suggest you place your alarm clock in the far corner of your room, requiring you to get up to hit it. Not only does that ensure your body will never adapt to turning it off, but it also makes you wake up faster.
I would, but there is no other outlets in the room. Also,even if I could do that, I might piss off my roommates, as they like to sleep a little later than usual. Putting it in the corner would put it close enough to them that they would wake up, and get mad at me.
Caleb_J wrote:

Sigh

I don't know if this will help, but years ago I realised that every 6 months or so my brain would get so used to hearing the same alarm sound every morning that I'd start sleeping through it, so I found that rotating through different alarm sounds every couple of months helped.

These days, I find that my body clock has become so used to getting up at the same time, that I tend to wake up 15-20 minutes before my alarm goes off, which is both a blessing and a curse Razz
I'll try changing alarm tones. Maybe that will help.

Thanks, JamesV!
I heard somewhere that eating a large meal for breakfast, right when you want to wake up each day, and very little food in the evening can help reset your body's clock and help you wake up earlier even if you just do this for a day or two and then stop. I haven't tried it myself, so I'm not sure if it works, but it might be worth a shot.
Good news! I managed to fix the problem. All I did was flip my alarm clock upside down. Now, I have to wake up, flip it over, and hit the button. Hopefully, my body won't adapt to this.

On another good note, I got my 128 G flashdrive in the mail yesterday, along with the gaming mouse I ordered.

Yay.
My life has been pretty much turned upside down, for reasons I don’t have the time, energy, or willpower to explain.

People outside of communities like this don’t fully understand how amazing the people inside are. They don’t realize that the other members of the community are your friends, your motivation, and your inspiration.

Unfortunately, I have to say goodbye.

I will be back, though. This could be anywhere from five weeks to five years. (These aren’t arbitrary spans of time. They are the actual figures.)

I have enjoyed each and every one of the 431 days I have been a Cemetech member. I will miss all of you greatly.

(Same goes for CW)

Thank you. Crying

Well that certainly sucks. Crying

Perhaps you can compromise with these people so you can still post your projects here but maybe not be around as much? It's a stupid compromise but I hate to see you go completely.

What about IRC? Will you still be around the Cemetech channel?

I'm hoping you're only gone for 5 days at most. Smile
I am able to read posts occasionally (I just wrote a script that appends new posts, via the RSS feed, to a text file in order to be read. That’s how I saw this one, actually.), but I will probably not be able to post at all for the majority of the time.

I might spend a few minutes on UniChat/IRC each day, but Cemetech itself... not so much.

Sad
Did Cemetech get blocked? and if yes, how did you post that? I hope this won't be 5 weeks. 1 day is probably better. My mom also threatened to have my computer taken away, but I managed to talk it through. I hope you get through whatever desert you're going through... Crying Sad
jcgter777 wrote:
Did Cemetech get blocked? and if yes, how did you post that? I hope this won't be 5 weeks. 1 day is probably better. My mom also threatened to have my computer taken away, but I managed to talk it through. I hope you get through whatever desert you're going through... Crying Sad

No :/

I actually wish it was that, I have all kinds of methods for bypassing blocked sites.
I don't really talk much on this thread, but I have been having some problems lately.

I'm not going to go into much detail, but I will say that my mind has been quite overactive lately, and it makes me quite tired quite often and decreases my motivation for other things such as programming, as well as school work. My thoughts are all over the place most of the time, and it can make me lose focus or concentration quite easily.

I'm not exactly sure what to do at this point, but I'm hoping I can regain some energy this semester by trying out new activities/habits and managing my time better. Or something like that.
In my case, I was hospitalized four times for depression in the last 3.5 months and I was on sick leave from work 3 times in the last 6. Basically, real-life issues forced me to move to a different city but by the time I had saved enough money to switch jobs and move, I ended up with post-traumatic stress disorder (somewhere late August 2017), which, in turn, led to all sorts of various social issues and the aforementioned health problems. I am now permanently on venlafaxine and risperidone medication in order to function normally in real life as a result.
Well, it looks like I also have post traumatic stress disorder
The stresses of having to "adult" more, and make my own decisions as I get older...

Don't get me wrong, the ability to make my own decisions is really great and powerful, and I can do a lot with it, it's just that some of the bigger more major decisions take a lot of energy...
I haven't posted on IRC, Cemetech or CodeWalrus for a day or two and I might not be posting a lot for a while.

The more I program, the more I realize that programming is an art form. We want our code to be understandable and readable to both machine and human. Not only can you create amazing art with, say, the TI-84+C(S)E's color screen, the HTML5 Canvas API or others, but there is a certain strange beauty to just code.

As with any art form, inspiration comes and goes in waves. Everyone who makes any form of creative content gets this. I haven't been feeling inspired lately, so my general interest in doing anything goes down, and very little programming happens.

Sure, I have my fair share of projects, but they can wait. (I'll still be around for PotM's and stuff. I still check Cemetech and IRC, just not as often.)

On the other hand, this gives me more time to do other things. The last time I burnt out while programming, I just needed a break from programming. I drew some stuff, just for fun, and wrote some songs, just for fun.

I've just completely lost interest in programming for the time being, partially due to the fact that I burnt out from trying to do too many IRL and programming things at once, I have finals soon(yum), recently had some life problems that caused me more life problems for about a week, and I had all of these major projects that I was procrastinating on. So yeah, I may not be around for a bit.
IRL things escalated quickly, I'm not going to be on Cemetech/IRC/Codewalrus/Programming/Music/Email for a while.

Sorry for low quality post.
I feel like I am not an effective part of this community... I start projects and never finish, I say will help people and then life gets in the way... I feel like i am turning into the kind of person I hate! The type of person who is all talk and they never fulfill their promise. Even when i try to help people, nothing I do is ever good enough... That goes for my real life also, my skills are gradually increasing at work, but I'm not quite at the level that i should be because I keep missing dumb things. My journeyman says that my wire looks straight, and my box makeup is good, the things i finish are good, but then I will miss 1 box in a room, I think ibhave looked everywhere, but I didn't... I am also a constant disappointment to my family, my journeyman, my girlfriend, basically everyone! All in all, i feel wholly inadequate for life and undeserving of any praise or happiness...

Sorry for the shitty post, you guys are great
Pieman7373 wrote:
I feel like I am not an effective part of this community... I start projects and never finish, I say will help people and then life gets in the way... I feel like i am turning into the kind of person I hate! The type of person who is all talk and they never fulfill their promise. Even when i try to help people, nothing I do is ever good enough... That goes for my real life also, my skills are gradually increasing at work, but I'm not quite at the level that i should be because I keep missing dumb things. My journeyman says that my wire looks straight, and my box makeup is good, the things i finish are good, but then I will miss 1 box in a room, I think ibhave looked everywhere, but I didn't... I am also a constant disappointment to my family, my journeyman, my girlfriend, basically everyone! All in all, i feel wholly inadequate for life and undeserving of any praise or happiness...

Go see a doctor and tell them this. It will help you.

We think you are a great member of the community and that you have contributed more than the thousands of others here who post one thing and leave. You have disappointed no one, and there is nothing you could do to disappoint us. We are here for you.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 24 of 29
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours